Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport EV [tires]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up going to with the Pilot Sport AS 4s a few weeks ago, and I'm seeing about 20% higher consumption overall, but I hope that'll drop a bit as they wear in.
Interesting, I am only seeing about 5% on the Falkens that I got. It's so little I had to really pay attention to it, and they are 245/35 20r and a wider offset, 32 vs stock 40. Those should theoretically be worse than the psas4 because they are summer tires. I absolutely hated the michelin mxm4 tires that it came with, after running summer performance tires on the car I will never go back to all-seasons, but I have a dedicated winter wheel/tire set.

I am starting to wonder if the wheels I chose have some type of aerodynamic effect? Completely on accident, my decision was based solely on looks and the wheels being forged.

Then you likely dont want these, and want some super low rolling resistance all weather tires. Summer tires are still going to be stickier (less range) than all weather tires, which these are.
What is the consensus on low rolling resistance AWT. I see all types of posts and getting confused. Does, Michelin Cross Climates make the cut?

The TO version of the PS4S just has the added foam inside otherwise it’s the same tire as the non-TO spec, is it not? And that spec is only available in 20“ for the Model 3 I believe.

It's not, compare the tread width of the standard 235/35/20 PS4S and the TO PS4S. 8.5" for the standard and 8.8" for the TO. From what I have read Michelin managed to get the tread width closer to that of a 255 while having the aerodynamics of a 235 due to tread and sidewall design.

Wonder how long they will last. I purchased in December the 4S on our Model Y. This week they were pro rating the purchased by $100. Yep, they were worn out in about 12k miles.
Oh and BTW, Discount tire gave me this crappy story that Michelin don't honor their warranty when they are on an all wheel drive vehicle. First I've heard of this myself.

Just spoke to Michelin Customer Service.

The Pilot Sport EV will be available to purchase July 1, 2021 in the following sizes:

255/45R19
235/45R20
255/40R20
255/35R21
275/35R21

So 18” Aero Wheel people (including myself) are out of luck.

Looks like the Primacy MXM4’s again for me. Was hoping for a less expensive option but I’m finding out there’s nothing out there that at least meets the specs of the MXM4’s.

I may try the premature wear warranty credit option when the time comes. Should help bring the price down a bit. For me I was offered 25% off.

BTW Pilot Sport EV will have the acoustic foam but no rim rash protection.
So sad it’s not the stock size for 20inch… Anyone know will the 235/45R20 fit the performance 20inch 235/35R20? Thanks!

Just spoke to Michelin Customer Service.

The Pilot Sport EV will be available to purchase July 1, 2021 in the following sizes:

255/45R19
235/45R20
255/40R20
255/35R21
275/35R21

So 18” Aero Wheel people (including myself) are out of luck.

Looks like the Primacy MXM4’s again for me. Was hoping for a less expensive option but I’m finding out there’s nothing out there that at least meets the specs of the MXM4’s.

I may try the premature wear warranty credit option when the time comes. Should help bring the price down a bit. For me I was offered 25% off.

BTW Pilot Sport EV will have the acoustic foam but no rim rash protection.
Those sizes suck...

Typical Michelin (and not only) MO of introducing a new tire in just a few sizes and specs initially. Sad they didnt even cover the OE sizes for Model 3 or non-P Model Y in 18/19/20 wheel sizes.

Only the Model Y Performance with OE boat anchor wheels is represented. Great IPO Michelin!
Yeah what are they thinking? You have the highest performing EV on the market that this tire was basically designed for but NO, let's not make the tire in any of the sizes that go with this OEM.

Would it mean ANYTHING if all of us tesla drivers emailed Michelin CS or Development or some point of contact to voice concerns/interest in stock OEM sizes? Re 18” and OEM 20”? I’m assuming maybe at some point after initial rollout they might institute the other sizes but maybe hopeful thinking thus the “hounding interest email campaign”! Thoughts?

Ski

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hard to believe they didn't include any of the stock sizes for the M3 but covered all the stock tires for the MY. Considering the M3 has been out far longer and there are far more M3s on the road that will be needing tires soon it seems to me the wise business decision would have been to introduce the M3 sizes first followed by the recently introduced Y. :confused:

I fitted the e Primacy on my LR with 18 inch wheels a couple of weeks ago. So far so good. They seem slightly more comfortable than the stock summer pilot sport 4 acoustic/TO. Haven’t driven enough to see if they’re more efficient, they are supposed to be though. Grip seems fine, certainly in regards to acceleration. I don’t drive hard enough to notice minor differences in the corners 😊

I fitted the e Primacy on my LR with 18 inch wheels a couple of weeks ago. So far so good. They seem slightly more comfortable than the stock summer pilot sport 4 acoustic/TO. Haven’t driven enough to see if they’re more efficient, they are supposed to be though. Grip seems fine, certainly in regards to acceleration. I don’t drive hard enough to notice minor differences in the corners 😊
The ePrimacy is an ECO tire so yes, it should be more comfortable than summer tires.

Tesla don't give out stock summer tires for the LR with 18" wheels... certainly not the 4S or even the AS4.

The ePrimacy is an ECO tire so yes, it should be more comfortable than summer tires.

Tesla don't give out stock summer tires for the LR with 18" wheels... certainly not the 4S or even the AS4.

The stock tyre for the AWD LR in the UK is the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (summer) :) They have the acoustic foam and are designated TO, I.e. Tesla specific. So I’ve swapped a summer tyre for a summer tyre. I also have Goodyear Vector gen 4 all seasons for Nov-Mar.

I imagine anything fitted with the Primacy 4 will will convert to the e primacy at some point. The rolling resistance is better than both the existing primacy and Pilot Sport 4. I will consider the Pilot Sport EV if the rolling resistance is as good.