Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport EV Vs Michelin Pilot Sport S4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have all 4 Michelin pilot sport EV tires on my model S and can report better range than when I had the regular pilot sports.
I have the 85 and charges to 240 at 100 percent so the additional range is a huge improvement.
I was losing a lot of range with the regular pilot sports. I have only used them for a week, but my car is now showing 241 when fully charged to 100 percent.
I will report back when I have had more time with them, but so far I am glad I got them. View attachment 794618View attachment 794619View attachment 794620View attachment 794621
I am using 255/40R20 in the rear for the 20x10 wheels. Slight stretch on the tires, minimum size for a 10 inch wheel, but I am over it since I have seen an improvement in range.
As for the front I am using the 235/40R20 on the 20x9 wheels and they fit the rim perfectly.

I will know better increases once I do a trip with a supercharger required.
I know when I had the regular Michelin pilot sports I would lose miles on the freeway significantly. So far with just driving around town I noted I am getting closer to the range displayed on the screen.
Okay so far on my commute. 4 miles streets, 5 miles on the freeway; not going over 65mph I have an average trip of 265 WH/MI. Then on my way home if I run the AC for the same 9 mile commute I am seeing 345 WH/MI with the 20 inch Michelin EV tires.