Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 vs Pilot Super Sport - Opinions Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant more "tricky" stuff to equalize like varying weather, different road wetness (can be varied quite a lot in NW), road wear, etc..
It's a hidden secret that summers in Oregon are fairly dry and the temperature is pretty consistent.

If there's a difference, I think it's more likely related to tweaks in Tesla's traction control algorithms.

It's a hidden secret that summers in Oregon are fairly dry and the temperature is pretty consistent.
Perhaps, but my one data point completely refutes that:
Driving from CA thru OR to WA after TMC Connect, it rained for the entire duration of the state -- starting at the state line from CA and ending as I entered WA. It was weird. It was a textbook "and here we go from CA sunshine, to OR rain, to WA's gray threat of rain".

;)

Perhaps, but my one data point completely refutes that:
Driving from CA thru OR to WA after TMC Connect, it rained for the entire duration of the state -- starting at the state line from CA and ending as I entered WA. It was weird. It was a textbook "and here we go from CA sunshine, to OR rain, to WA's gray threat of rain".
This seems pointlessly irrelevant and argumentative no matter how many smileys are appended to the statement. I live here every damn day and drive my car every day and can talk with some authority on the similarity of conditions on testing my two sets of tires.

Regardless, as far as the recommendations, the PSS are great tires for the price no matter how you slice it.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Didn't want to take a big step back in any category like road noise or grip. I understand they are slightly louder but nothing bad.
I'm not sure I could tell the difference in road noise. I thought I could initially, but then whenever I drove a loaner with 19s or Contis, I couldn't tell the difference.

This seems pointlessly irrelevant and argumentative no matter how many smileys are appended to the statement. I live here every damn day and drive my car every day and can talk with some authority on the similarity of conditions on testing my two sets of tires.

Regardless, as far as the recommendations, the PSS are great tires for the price no matter how you slice it.
The phrasing "my one data point completely refutes that" + smilie was pretty clearly a joke from my end as it was obviously absurd (and is a callback to a number of threads on TMC). Sorry it didn't come across that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Didn't want to take a big step back in any category like road noise or grip. I understand they are slightly louder but nothing bad.
Good point that I had forgotten to mention. The PSS were/are noticeably louder than the Contis to my ear. Well worth it IMO, but something to include in the decision-making process.

dsm,
My new rears are awaiting the removal of the last bit of tread on my current tires (over 17K, even wear - these things just will not die). It looks like I may actually need fronts by the time the rears go on.

Please let us all know what you think of the new tires.

Oh, and for reference for those that complain about wear, the Pilots on my P+ have now lasted longer than any rears on previous M5s or 535s.

dsm,
My new rears are awaiting the removal of the last bit of tread on my current tires (over 17K, even wear - these things just will not die). It looks like I may actually need fronts by the time the rears go on.

Please let us all know what you think of the new tires.

Oh, and for reference for those that complain about wear, the Pilots on my P+ have now lasted longer than any rears on previous M5s or 535s.

Will do. I've got one more tire rotation on my Contis so likely can get another 2,000 miles or so out of them.