TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Michelin Pilot Super Sport for 19"

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HyperMiler, Aug 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HyperMiler

HyperMiler Member

#1 HyperMiler, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    There is a Michelin PSS available that is only marginally wider than factory specs and has a very high load factor:

255/ 45 ZR 19 104Y that should be ideally suited for factory and aftermarket 19" rims on the Model S.
    I run them on my Audi A8 and happen to think they are fantastic.:smile:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=545YR9PSSXL&tab=Sizes

This should be a "best of both worlds" solution for those seeking a more sophisticated tire but want to avoid the 21" disadvantages.

Has anyone tried this on a Model S yet?

Best regards,
    HyperMiler

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I can't say I've seen anyone install that size on the 19"s, but it's possible. The diameter is off by 1.1% and the circumference by 1.3%, which is outside the usual recommendation of less than 1%, but it's close enough someone may have tried it.

3. Zextraterrestrial

I have 40 series and 285/40 rears. Love them!