Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Super Sports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I've seen rare earth gems easier to find than these alleged tires...

Since Tesla is shipping these on new cars now I'm going to ask them for a price and availability and see what I get back. I gotta do something soon.

As an aside, I currently have ~26,000 miles on my rear Pilot Sport PS2 tires. I have between 3/32" & 4/32" left evenly across the tread. My previous P85+ needed new rears at about 14,000 miles. In my limit sample size of 1, Tesla has sorted out the issues with rear tire wear on the AWD Performance Model S.

Wow. I've seen rare earth gems easier to find than these alleged tires...

Since Tesla is shipping these on new cars now I'm going to ask them for a price and availability and see what I get back. I gotta do something soon.

As an aside, I currently have ~26,000 miles on my rear Pilot Sport PS2 tires. I have between 3/32" & 4/32" left evenly across the tread. My previous P85+ needed new rears at about 14,000 miles. In my limit sample size of 1, Tesla has sorted out the issues with rear tire wear on the AWD Performance Model S.

I'm not so optimistic. Looks like my rear tires won't last 10k due to excessive inner wear.

I'm not so optimistic. Looks like my rear tires won't last 10k due to excessive inner wear.
Alignment, rotate every 3500-4000 miles. If you have air suspension don't run in the Low height except on highway. Low speeds, turning, on city streets can cause high inside tread wear on the rear tires. Increases inside wear on the fron but not as much.

i am, not an expert.mthis was share with me at the SC recently.

Take your car in for a 4 wheel alignment. Many of them are set toed out. That combined with the factory camber settings, and you get excessive inner wear. I would ask for 0.04 degrees toe, each side which is the bare minimum on the specs. That should lead to better tire wear and maybe even slightly less wh/mile due to less rolling resistance.

Just put 245/35-21 Michelin Pilot SuperSports on today and they are loud. Also feels like it doesn't even roll as well. It almost sounds and feels like the parking brake is engaged compared to how it drove before. I loved how quiet the factory Continental with Contisilents were.

Has anyone had that experience?

Will they trade me since I only drive 1 day?

Just put 245/35-21 Michelin Pilot SuperSports on today and they are loud. Also feels like it doesn't even roll as well. It almost sounds and feels like the parking brake is engaged compared to how it drove before. I loved how quiet the factory Continental with Contisilents were.

Has anyone had that experience?

Will they trade me since I only drive 1 day?

OMG - I LOVE my Pilot SuperSports. I found them much quieter than the Continentals that came on the car. My experience is they ride better, quieter, and hold the road as good if not better than the Continentals. With the 30K miles treadlife warranty, I thought they were the best decision. These tires and Discount Tires with a Nationwide presence worked great for me. Now I have 5K miles and barely any measurable wear.

As far as swapping you out with only one day? Hmmm if you bought them from Tesla, I would say you are on your own. If you purchased them at Discount Tire or similar place, I think they would swap them no problem.

Reactions: DIL
FYI, I just ordered a set of 245 and 265 Michelin Super Sports from the TireRack.com. They are not showing up on the website yet but they expect to receive a delivery on Oct 1 and you can place a pre-order that will be released when they arrive. One of their sales guys Mason at 888-353-5082 x4692 and he knows the situation and can place the order.

It interesting to note that these new ones are special for Tesla with acoustic foam inside.

Fortuitously, I called tire rack.com last week and was the first person to order the pilot super sports with the acoustic foam. The agent (Mason as noted above) said I had the best luck because the tires had just been shipped to them and are not even listed on the site. I just got them installed today and they are staggered 21s. They are incredibly quiet and handle so much better and I think are as close to perfection as you can get. They aren't even broken in yet but I took them for a spin for about 50 miles today. They aren't even broken in yet but I took them for a spin for about 50 miles today.
Initially, I thought the foam would be a gimmick but it makes my car even more quiet. These will be the tire that I keep and hope that production increases for when the time comes.
Glad to hear there is another shipment coming in. I've been waiting for six months for these tires and it was worth it.

FYI, I just ordered a set of 245 and 265 Michelin Super Sports from the TireRack.com. They are not showing up on the website yet but they expect to receive a delivery on Oct 1 and you can place a pre-order that will be released when they arrive. One of their sales guys Mason at 888-353-5082 x4692 and he knows the situation and can place the order.

It interesting to note that these new ones are special for Tesla with acoustic foam inside.
Mine are the regular PSS without the foam for Tesla..Plenty quite on most roads.