TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Michelin Primacy MXM4 - Grand Touring All-Season

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Sly27, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Sly27

Sly27 Member

Michelin Primacy MXM4 - Grand Touring All-Season Tire (1)

$200.45 MSRP.

Only ~2500 miles driven on this tire

Asking $30 for this one tire. 8/10" remaining. Patched & Plugged from the inside by a professionally tire shop, due to nail puncture (shown on 2 pictures); no impact to the tire's performance, I used it with this patch and the only reason I'm selling it, is because I replaced all 4 of my tires for a new winter set.

Size: 245/45R19
    Eco: Green X
    Serv. Desc: 98W (1653lbs per tire/168 mph)
    UTQG: 500 AA A (Thread-wear/Traction/Temperature)

DOT B9YP-005X-4916
    Tread Depth: 8/10. (~2500 miles driven on this tire)
    Rim Width Range: 7.5-9"

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?message=singleSize&tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXM4&width=245/&ratio=45&diameter=19&partnum=445WR9MXM4P

Attached Files:

2. Sly27

Sly27 Member

Due to the overwhelming interest, I'm reducing the price to $0 (free)....pickup in Baltimore, MD.

3. patrick40363

patrick40363 Active Member

Wish i lived close by.

4. Target

Target Supporting Member

Sly27,

I live in Chicago and am in need of another Primacy tire like yours. I realize shipping is annoying, can I give you $20 for your effort to pack it and ship it, and pay for the cost of shipping? Since we aren't shipping a wheel the price for shipping a tire should be reasonable.

Shipnex is cheaper than going UPS direct.

Before I commit I would want to know what the shipping cost is, but I am definitely interested in paying for your labor to ship it to me.

Target

5. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

Where in Baltimore are you?

6. Sly27

Sly27 Member

Never heard of that service. Quote shipment from 21236. And let me know if you still want to proceed.

7. Sly27

Sly27 Member

County. Nottingham

8. Target

Target Supporting Member

A brief on Shipnex, they are a reseller of UPS services. In some instances their volume allows them to get some nice discounts for us. In this situation it appears that they don't get any significant discount over going direct to UPS.

On UPS
    The tire is listed as 28 pounds. Assuming 7 pounds for a box and tape, the shipping quote on UPS is $49.75.
    This assumes final box is 30x30 x11 inches in size. 30 inches is a critical dimension. If you keep under 30 inches then it will be about $50, but if it goes over 30 inches then it jumps to $80 as it is oversize.

On FedEx
    If you just slap a label on the tire then Fedex ground / home delivery is likely the best option at $49.50.
    Package Details: 1 package, 28.00 lbs, Your Packaging, 28 in x 28 in x 11 in, 0.00 USD.
    I called and they said it is usually fine but different shipping centers treat loose tires differently. If they accept it then it is fine. If they stop you from shipping it loose then you could try a different location or carrier.

I would just slap a label on it and ship it fedex. UPS is reportedly less friendly cost wise about accepting bare tires. I would also be willing to email you the prepaid fedex label if you want to do it that way as you have less money out of pocket that way. If you want me to send you a few bucks for pizza / beer I can do that separately.

Thanks

9. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just buy a used one from bestusedtire if this tire has anyways been patched? Say this one below.
    Used Michelin Primacy MXM4, 245/45R19, 98W 1 Tire For Sale #601935

10. Target

Target Supporting Member

#10 Target, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Strangely I hadn't run across best used tire before. Thanks for the tip, I will buy one from there.

In my experience a properly installed patch from the inside in the middle of the tread is as reliable as an unpatched tire.

11. Sly27

Sly27 Member

Looks like the free tire is still up for crabs then

12. Sly27

Sly27 Member

Grabs*......

13. Sly27

Sly27 Member

No longer available