Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin PS A/S 4 vs Continental EC DWS06+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my OEM MXM 4 tires on my 18" aeros are starting to go bald as they are hitting 3-4/32 inches in tread, so I narrowed down to basically two choices, the Michelin PS A/S 4 and the Continental EC DWS06+.

Costco is currently having a sale for Michelin tires, so it would make the A/S 4 to about $900 after installation but before taxes. A local reputable tire/alignment shop near me has the DWS06+ for exactly the same price as well. What would you guys pick?

I just picked up the continentals with new rims (Titan-7 -20”) conti’s seem quiet. Haven’t had them in rain yet. The combo rides better than the areo stock wheels (lighter overall) - not sure how much of that is the tire.

Historically Conti DWS series were better in the snow and ice, while Michelin PSAS series had the edge in warm dry grip. Not sure if that still holds true in their latest versions though, I have read the PSAS4 are better in the snow than past PSAS series.

Probably if I cared much about snow performance I'd lean towards DWS06+, while if not then I'd lean towards the PSAS4, e.g. I needed an allseason for freezing temps but wouldn't use them much in serious snow.

(Of course if you'll be doing a lot of driving in serious snow, you'll want real snow tires for that. And maybe a suspension lift, depending on how deep things get around you before the plows come through. 😉)

FWIW I have the PSAS4s, and they're excellent... but the newer Contis hadn't quite come out yet (and the previous gens were definitely not as good as the Michelins)-but from the several review/comparisons I've read at the same price I'd take the continentals if doing it over again. Example:

tl;dr is the contis are a little better in wet, and a little quieter/smoother, the Michelins slightly better in dry. Not enough I'm rushing out to replace the Michelins until they wear out, just that I'd have gone the other way if both were out and equal price at the time.

That said, if I lived in LA as the OPs profile says, I'd be putting straight summer PS4s tires on there.

We recently replaced the OEM stock tires on our 22 m3lr (31k - ten months of driving) with the dws06 plus.

They are fantastic in wet weather. Quiet in dry. Sticky and certainly smoother and less “jarring” than the stock tires. I do a ton of driving and it really stands out.

Originally wanted the pilot sport as4 but they were out of stock. My original plan going in was dws second choice.

My other choices were OEM replacement (hated those) or hancooks.

Very happy on contis.

As a side note - my friend has the pilots on his new Beamer and likes them - however he is very rough on tires and already damaged two…….