Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin PS2 or Conti ExtremeContact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 11k miles, my tires are running low.
I've had PS2s in the past and loved them, but they're nearly twice as expensive as the Contis.

I would like to be able to floor it in my P85 without the traction control kicking in. I can't do that with my current OEM Contis. Could I do that with the PS2s?

Personally, if you're looking for a PS2 alternative, I would go with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero's.

I've heard that the PS2's don't have great traction when cold; you have to drive around a bit to warm them up before they'll really stick. If you're on good pavement (no loose gravel), warm PS2's shouldn't slip. The traction control may still trip, but not long enough to see a power loss.

Personally, if you're looking for a PS2 alternative, I would go with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero's.

I've heard that the PS2's don't have great traction when cold; you have to drive around a bit to warm them up before they'll really stick. If you're on good pavement (no loose gravel), warm PS2's shouldn't slip. The traction control may still trip, but not long enough to see a power loss.

What's the difference between the P-Zero and the P-Zero Nero?
both Max Performance Summer tires made by Pirelli at similar price points.

TireRack's tests seem to indicate that the P-Zero Nero had a better slalom time than the P-Zero, but it's dry track time was a bit longer?

Uh, the Nero has another title. Obviously. :tongue:

Honestly, I don't really know what the difference is. Usually the Nero is a bit cheaper, so maybe it's an economy version of the P-Zero? And I think it's the only tire you can get in both of the P85+ staggered sizes (besides the Michelin PS2, obviously). That's what made me consider it as an option.