TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Michelin PS2 Tire source? Pothole took a tire

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jbruce, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jbruce

jbruce Member

Has anyone found a cheaper tire source than the Tire Rack for the 21 inch Michelin PS2 tires? I hit a pothole today and bubbled the sidewall on one of my front tires. Its a real bummer because I only have about 3K miles. At least I did not bend the wheel. Anyway, it looks like Tire Rack, my usual source, wants $543 + shipping for a new one.

2. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Tesla service center had them cheaper recently.

3. swegman

swegman Member

Really? Tesla in Rockville charged me $755 with installation to replace a Pilot tire due to a bubble.

4. tchaimd

tchaimd Member

No kidding? That's great news if it is indeed the case. It was closer to $800 for me at my local Tesla service center (Houston) about 6 months ago.

5. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Yep, seriously. Don't know if it was just the one service center or a one off, but it was cheeper.

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Rockville SC was $440 vs tirerack at $550 a few weeks ago. Didn't include mounting and balancing though.