Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin PS4s on 20" x 9.00 stock Uberturbine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone tried Micheli Pilot Sport 4S (235/35-20) on 20" Uberturbine (9.00 stock wide rims) originally equipped with Pirelli PZero? OR 8.5" stock 2019/2020 rims on 235/35-20 Pirelli PZero?
I swapped the original Ubertutbine (9.0" x20 Et34) on my 2021 M3P with new rims (lightweight) with a 8.5" x 20 ET30.
Just reused the original 235/35-20 Pirelli PZero (almost finished) , but they seems terrible.
I explain:
235/35-20 Pirelli PZero looks good because they are not stretched on 8.5" , but on very (very) aggressive turns I'm really scared.
They seems holding even better (maybe much more better than with 9.0 rims) , but it seems that Pirelli on 8,5" are flexing the shoulders so much continuing to holds (almost to the limit of the lip of the rim) , They holds screaming but attached like glue, and when I start feel the rear loosing it't too late even for the traction control, the Traction control DOES NOT kick in AT ALL , so when the nose is almost facing the side of the road (oversteer), Ihave to lift a bit the right foot , the car bounces (esaltic effect of the shoulder returning back) to other side (understeer side) and baunces back again.
Pirelli with 9" heavy Uberturbine are different with Pirelli's. The Traction control is annoing but it enters in a better safe way, it enters more graduallygradually and sooner and faster, cutting power (yes) but never let me loose so much the line .

So I'm in doubt if return to 9" wide rims with Michelin PS4S (or others) or putting the 235/35-20 Michelin PS4S on 8.5 rims hoping in best behvior .