Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin PSS 255/45/19R

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are serious about tire noise, have a look here:

Tore up the cargo area

Photos of car interior taken apart for sound deadening

Sound deadening work begins next week: will report before and after data

Soundproofing The P85+

I work in a high noise environment, and I use in-ear custom-fit earplugs. The same kind as many stage musicians use (especially drummers), mine being Elacin brand. If I take them off during work, I notice how loud the noise is, while if I don't use them, the ears adjust quickly (or the brain compensates - not sure if this is a hardware or software function)

In other words: Noise is relative. If you lower one noise, you increase another.

I think the ideal solution is to get the noise balanced, so there is not one single noise that stands out. If I had the money bla bla bla ... I would have had some of the work done shown in those links. In the end, the car is really quiet, and I love riding with the sunroof open (this time of year), air con off - and you can hear whats going on around you, even at highway speeds on Lantau I often hear aircraft overhead. In the city, the beeps from the pedestrian crossings, people talking and so on. It really feels like you are more "with" your environment.

Thanks for the links.
I just took it for a long drive to Sai Kung and apart from a quieter ride, the grip is much better than the Goodyear 245. Even in the wet it handles much better without fear it might skid.
Those with 21" or P85+ won't have this problem but I have the standard P85 and it really looses grip round corners.

Hi, if someone was able to get $11,400 why not go there instead?

Because there is an old tyre buyback price in that $11,400. The workshop I asked has not included that yet. The old tyres buyback price depends on the condition of the old tyred. Since the new tyre price is already lower, who knows maybe buyback price is higher for my recommended shop? Then $11,400 may not be the lowest.

There's no reason why they won't buy back the tires, so just ask them and if not, go somewhere else and I'm sure they'll providing the tires are fairly new My tires has only done approx. 3,000Km when I traded them. Hope that helps.