Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MICHELIN Radius Beam Wiper Blades. Not recommended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
I bought a pair of Michelin Radius Beam wiper blades to replace the original ones on the M3. Not happy with them at all.
Really hard to figure out how to assemble. Even when I got the right adaptor still would not fit due to the washer attachments on the M3 so had to cut a bit of the adaptor.
When I finally got them on the the car, due to all the adaptors the top part of the wiper/washer was sitting much higher up off the windscreen than the original. Looking along the line of the bonnet the original is barely in the air flow. With the Michelins it was substantially in the air flow. No way it is not going to create additional drag and wind noise. May also affect the washer performance.
The height difference is 35mm for the Michelin vs 26mm for the original. 9mm might not sound like a lot but its 35% increase and looks a lot in situ.
Given how many options there are I don't see any reason to accept that compromise. Doubt I will be sticking with them.
I could just get the ones from Tesla shop, but people on here seem to think the Bosch Aerotwin are better or that Tesla have now switched to them anyway so why pay twice the price for the same thing? The Bosch look in pictures as if they are more like the ones I have now but interested in other peoples experiences.

20210710_115629.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Durzel
Hi. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I thought I read somewhere here that the Michelin Stealth (available at Costco) were a good fit. You’d have to remove the clips from each wiper and swap them over. I haven’t done this myself but I might give this a go when my wipers need changing.

Does anyone else struggle with the lower end of the driver's blade lifting at speed?

I'm now on my third set of wipers and my second windscreen but still find rain not being wiped away in the lower right corner of the windscreen above 55mph.

I took the wipers off my 2021 (April build) MIC Model 3 today to clean them and they have a Bosch logo on the central metal bit. They've squeaked from day 1, but I think that is more down to the windscreen being coated in something to be honest.