Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin will making EV specific tire for the U.S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inability to patch easily is the downside of the foam. My next set of tires won't have the foam even though I've only had a few punctures.

Local tire shop used an air driven burr to file away the portion of the foam where the patch/plug would glue in. They had done many of these and it only took a minute.

These quieter foam belted tires are well known in the tire industry and most all up to date tire shops should have no issue with them.
Yep, can confirm I’ve had tires with foam patched with no problem.

The tread wear warranty is less than half of the AS4 (20k vs 45k) which is worrisome. And reduce that by half again if you run staggered fitment. Seems Michelin knows that EVs are hard on tires.

The tread wear warranty is less than half of the AS4 (20k vs 45k) which is worrisome. And reduce that by half again if you run staggered fitment. Seems Michelin knows that EVs are hard on tires.

or they "know that EV drivers are hard on tires." 😂

Can't see any reason to get these over Continental Extremecontact Sports which I plan to buy when my Goodyear's wear out - have 15000 miles on them and should last maybe another year for me. Especially when the Conti's are $100 less per. Am I missing something?

The ride is horrid
I think you're referring to the 19" ContiProContacts?

"The ride is horrid"...compared to what? Have you tried Vredestein? Bridgestone?

Unless you've tested the tire, side by side, with an alternate, I don't think you can determine that the "horrid" aspect is tire related.

...just sayin'...

I'm actually serious, whisperingshad. Have you had the opportunity to compare side-by-side with other brands of tires? I'd like to find a tire that's less harsh than the Contis, but experimenting with different tires gets expensive.

I'm considering moving to the Bridgestone QuietTrack, which TireRack rates at the top, along with Vredestein. The Bridgestone has an 80k mile "warranty", the Contis on 40k.

I'm actually serious, whisperingshad. Have you had the opportunity to compare side-by-side with other brands of tires? I'd like to find a tire that's less harsh than the Contis, but experimenting with different tires gets expensive.

I'm considering moving to the Bridgestone QuietTrack, which TireRack rates at the top, along with Vredestein. The Bridgestone has an 80k mile "warranty", the Contis on 40k.
He did say it was his opinion... :cool: I have no issue with the ride or handling of these tires. Can't comment on the wear yet as I only have 8300 miles.

Reactions: whisperingshad