Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan - Clarkston Pickup, Financing through??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla was made a couple days ago, on it's way to Chicago, I had the pickup location set to Cleveland. I did the financing through Tesla because I figured anything else would be too complicated and wanted this to be as easy and trouble free as possible. I didn't know until today Clarkston could be a pickup which would save me 4 hours of travel. The problem is the US Bank financing through the Tesla site doesn't work with this. I was told I need it financed by someone else and both the financing bank and I send in the money ahead of pickup.

So the big question - who finances Tesla's for Michigan where I can get them the money before I show up and pickup properly? Chase doesn't, CapitalOne360 is another account I have and I can't get that to work.

Any ideas? Thanks.

My Tesla was made a couple days ago, on it's way to Chicago, I had the pickup location set to Cleveland. I did the financing through Tesla because I figured anything else would be too complicated and wanted this to be as easy and trouble free as possible. I didn't know until today Clarkston could be a pickup which would save me 4 hours of travel. The problem is the US Bank financing through the Tesla site doesn't work with this. I was told I need it financed by someone else and both the financing bank and I send in the money ahead of pickup.

So the big question - who finances Tesla's for Michigan where I can get them the money before I show up and pickup properly? Chase doesn't, CapitalOne360 is another account I have and I can't get that to work.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've used Alliant Credit Union out of Chicago for financing two Tesla purchases. They work with Tesla a lot. I have a contact there if need be

Any ideas? Thanks.

You might be better off taking delivery in Cleveland, since you are all set up. I had to pick up my 2015 in Cincinnati (I live in Indianapolis), because at that time they could not close a lease here, also w USBank. Tesla provided me a one-way rental for the pickup.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: lordh
I was able to change my delivery location from Cleveland to Clarkston, but it did delay my pickup 2 days. The Delivery Advisor was able to call me when my car was still in transit on rail on its way to Chicago. From Chicago they can direct cars to Clarkston or Cleveland from what I understand.

Both my local advisor and the delivery advisor (calling from Vegas) mentioned that the car had to be paid in full before the car was transported into the state, something to do with the current loopholes allowing them to sell and title in MI. Since I am paying cash and had arranged payment ahead of time, it was relatively easy to make the change. I'm not sure if they allow it with financing.

I think you would be better off taking delivery in Cleveland since Clarkston delivery is so new. See if they provide a rental like DCGOO above mentioned.

My delivery advisor is terrible at communication and I can't get a hold of him or any concrete information with my vehicle. I asked if Saturday is a go (I had everything setup on my end to do the 6+ hour trip) but now on my Tesla account it says delivery appointment is Tuesday June 30th at 3:30pm. I did not change this, did not okay it, did not get notified via email / phone / text nothing.

I will now likely not be able to get my vehicle but have no contact from Tesla of what is going on. The only chance of me picking it up whatsoever next week is if they took it to the Toledo service center (which doesn't do deliveries) and I could pick it up at night there.

So I think my vehicle is gone - since this is all Tesla's fault will I get my $100 back? Will I just go pick it up in Cleveland in mid July?

Beyond infuriating.

Best bet is to read around car forums and also reputation ratings.

Credit unions may give you the best deal, I am in OH and my
Digital Federal CU is in Marlborough in MA. Interest rate was
1.9% at the time.

Finding a well rated institution has its pros, my CU called me
once to very friendly remind me that I had missed payment once.