Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email from Tesla asking me to write the attorney general with a click through to a submission email to the attorney general of the State of Michigan.

Grassroots. Glad to see it. Better than a PAC asking for money. That would just go to more lobbying.
Screenshot_20200128-132648~2.png

Maybe we should remind the SOS and AG that if they allowed Tesla sales in Michigan DIRECTLY, they wouldn’t be losing some or all of the 6% use/sales tax to neighboring states.

I’m not thanking them at all. The rules are still total BS.

Reactions: JJOhio
Maybe we should remind the SOS and AG that if they allowed Tesla sales in Michigan DIRECTLY, they wouldn’t be losing some or all of the 6% use/sales tax to neighboring states.

I’m not thanking them at all. The rules are still total BS.
The SOS, AG, and Governor have zero control over existing legislation. The settlement is them pushing as much as they can for Tesla against the confines of the law.
Write your legislators if you want the sales law changed.

If Governor Gretchen Whitmer wants to push EVs, she would work on some law change.

I guess I’ll have to familiarize myself with The Toledo and Chicago sales offices.
You won't need to go to Chicago or Toledo. The settlement allows the gallery people to help with trade ins and facilitate paperwork. Only the legal paperwork transfer will occur out of state.
As I read it.

This is great news!

Tesla has a large and very nice "logistics center" in Farmington Hills, used by the guys who have been driving around the state picking up and dropping off cars to be serviced. It won't take much work to turn it into a fully functioning Service Center.

Looks fairly reasonable to me. Tesla can't own the service facility directly, has to be owned by a subsidiary, but Tesla employees can do all of the work in the facility. :eek:

I'm pretty sure this is the same setup that Tesla uses in Texas. There is a separate corporate organization for that purpose, called "Tesla Motors Texas".