Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone in MI have any first hand eye witness to the supercharger build out in Jackson, MI? Just curious if this will open before end 2013 or will it be more like Spring 2014. This supercharger location is key to making travel to family in Grand Rapids and Big Rapids a reality. Would be so awesome if we could surprise them by making the trip for Christmas this year. I won't pay the $200 in diesel to fuel my husband's work truck so we sit home until I can drive the S!

I need to change the summary(first) post into a wiki, so members can put down places they visited/things they did while charging the car. I tried few things, but nothing worked. Can anybody teach me how do I do that?
Right now, only doug can change normal posts to wiki posts -- send him a PM with info on which specific post you'd like to have wiki-fied, and he'll "make it so"...

Stopped at the St. Joseph Supercharger today. When I plugged in, I was the only one, when I was finished at Moe's Southwest Grill, I had company, an early VIN black Model S.

Here are some photos of the site:

photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

Last edited:
Wattson & all - looks like this one surprised us all! Please add to your sleuthing analysis. I only noticed it when I pressed the supercharger button in my car today and St. Joe's popped up. What? Wow!

How were the cords? Were they a bit still in the cold like Ron mentioned last weekend about Rockford?

Looks like one in South Dakota also became active. It won't be long before the cross country golden spike will be driven!

I stopped by this evening but it was too dark to get any good pictures. Thanks to Wattson for posting the pictures above. Lighting is poor. You can see well enough to plug in, but let's just say it is fortunate that Tesla chose to light the charge port on Model S.

It is convenient to I-94 but aside from Panera's and Moe's Southwest Grill, there is not much else at Exit 27. Between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am you would have to take a short walk to a gas station to find facilities.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and I am ecstatic that we finally have a supercharger in Michigan.

I stopped by this evening but it was too dark to get any good pictures. Thanks to Wattson for posting the pictures above. Lighting is poor. You can see well enough to plug in, but let's just say it is fortunate that Tesla chose to light the charge port on Model S.

It is convenient to I-94 but aside from Panera's and Moe's Southwest Grill, there is not much else at Exit 27. Between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am you would have to take a short walk to a gas station to find facilities.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and I am ecstatic that we finally have a supercharger in Michigan.

Across from the gas station (if you are referring to the gas station on the other side of the highway) is Nye's apple barn. It has all sorts of local fruit, lots of jams and pickles, cider and some baked goods. They have some big colorful structures in the front lawn. It sort of looks like they were designed to amuse kids (and maybe kids could climb on them but I would ask first.) I am not sure about bathrooms as I have never asked when buying apples there. It may have limited hours and/or be closed for certain periods in the winter.