Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marshall and Ann Arbor don't appear on the map even for 2016, but these would be ideal both for east-west travel along I-94 and north-south travel on I-69 and US-23. It would be a much better plan than simply having one in Jackson, which has also disappeared from the map.

My VIN is 1260 I have been to superchargers from Michigan to California and have never been able to charge at >90 kw.
Hi Sam,

It is Jess. You are correct. As I stated in my email, the Amps and volts were taken from memory several days after my first use of the supercharger over a year ago. My memory was faulty and after a year of using it more knowledgeable. Your numbers are correct.

A Grand Rapids SC also appears to be "opening soon." The 2016 forecast map shows ten superchargers in all for Michigan. That would be sweet. Musk's plan is to multiply SC installations by about 10 for Destination charging locations. Tesla is moving quickly to create an amazing charging network.

Last edited:
Seems like Ann Arbor (or Brighton) is on the map now. opening soon... http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger
It's definitely Ann Arbor, as the dot points far south of I-96.

today-northamerica-mi.jpg

My best guess for the location would be the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor North at the Plymouth Road exit of US-23. I don't have any evidence to support this yet, but it seems to fit the profile of other Supercharger locations perfectly.

Last edited:
It's definitely Ann Arbor, as the dot points far south of I-96.

View attachment 78061

My best guess for the location would be the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor North at the Plymouth Road exit of US-23. I don't have any evidence to support this yet, but it seems to fit the profile of other Supercharger locations perfectly.

Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids are coming soon. My guess is the Ann Arbor location is the Meijer off 94. Cadillac is this summer.

Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids are coming soon. My guess is the Ann Arbor location is the Meijer off 94. Cadillac is this summer.

Unfortunately, A2's permit search needs the name of the contractor -- I tried Black & Veatch with no luck. I tried scouting the Carpenter Rd. Meijer with no luck (off of US-23, and about 5 minutes from home). There are two locations off I-94 -- Ann Arbor - Saline Rd. (east side, closer to US-23), and Jackson Rd. (west side, closer to M-14). Any indications which it might be? I can scout them from time to time.

I have a hit on the Meijer on Ann Arbor-Saline Rd which is officially in Pittsfield Township. The information is pretty vague but it does show an application for an electric car charging station on 4/7/15. The status is currently on hold for prerequisites.

Here is the supercharger image from before
supercharger-4-17-2015.png

and this one is from today. Tesla has moved chargers around. One of the Oklahoma supercharger is already there in the map above but coming soon in the below. The below info is incorrect.
supercharger-4-18-2015.png

I also did some looking into the Meijer locations near Grand Rapids for potential Supercharger permits. There are three potential locations I identified, but two showed no recent permit applications and the other is in a city that does not post permit information online that I could find.

1997 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids
One electrical permit from February, not charger related, already finaled
Likelihood: Low - no convenient access to I-96, but many shops and restaurants nearby

3757 Plainfield Ave NE, Plainfield Township
No permits since 2013
Likelihood: Moderate - within 1 mile of I-96, not many dining options but lots of exposure to nearby car dealers

2425 Alpine Ave NW, Walker
Permits not available online
Likelihood: High - convenient direct access to both I-96 and US-131, several fast food restaurants within walking distance