Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we done for 2016 then? So far they've only added one Supercharger that wasn't even on their 2016 map, and one that's been on the map but is not officially open yet. If we only get 2 out of a promised 8 new Superchargers this year that's a bit disappointing.
That is actually disappointing.they should do sth that we could go north
I suggest a Meijer site on the way north to upper Michigan.

Any rumors about Lansing area SuperCharger?
Are we done for 2016 then? So far they've only added one Supercharger that wasn't even on their 2016 map, and one that's been on the map but is not officially open yet. If we only get 2 out of a promised 8 new Superchargers this year that's a bit disappointing.

Yes, Bay City and Port Huron will be the last and only two in 2016 (Cadillac was December 2015).

Lansing, Traverse City, Battle Creek are on in the works for early 2017.

I would not be disappointed. There are circumstances beyond Tesla's control that delay permitting / construction.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have a model 3 reservation and likely to move to MI next year. Without any stores or service centers, how did you current owners get your cars serviced when having any issues?
For minor issues the ranger comes to you, or for major service they trailer your vehicle to the nearest out of state service center at no charge. In my experience scheduling is the biggest issue, as the ranger is typically scheduled a couple weeks out and requires two separate visits - one to diagnose and one to complete the repair once the parts are available. I think this is an issue in many locations though and hopefully Tesla is able to increase their staffing before the onslaught of Model 3 owners.

For minor issues the ranger comes to you, or for major service they trailer your vehicle to the nearest out of state service center at no charge. In my experience scheduling is the biggest issue, as the ranger is typically scheduled a couple weeks out and requires two separate visits - one to diagnose and one to complete the repair once the parts are available. I think this is an issue in many locations though and hopefully Tesla is able to increase their staffing before the onslaught of Model 3 owners.
Thanks a lot! And it terms of taking delivery, just go to OH and drive back?

I have a model 3 reservation and likely to move to MI next year. Without any stores or service centers, how did you current owners get your cars serviced when having any issues?
My car has been swapped with a Model S loaner at my home or work to be taken to Cleveland five times, and once repaired in my work parking lot by a ranger (two visits as timf pointed out, a week apart). Scheduling was very easy and generally carried out within a week or two, yet also one of the only things to worry about as things start happening automatically after that. However, I really doubt that level of convenience can be sustained as Model 3 ramps up, especially without a service center in Michigan. Each interaction with the ranger/driver was about 5-10 minutes, though I enjoyed their conversation such that I wished it lasted longer (they're a very busy few).

Reactions: Fallenone
Fellow Michiganders - I just got my registration renewal in the mail today and was a bit shocked to see a $612 fee. I understand MI is adding a $75 annual fee for EVs, but this still sounds really high.

Since I have no faith in SoS doing anything correctly, can someone confirm that the proper fee/weight category for the S60D is "75E"?

Last edited:
Registration fees went up significantly in addition to the $75 EV fee. They warned me of this when I first registered my Model X because I was only able to do a 6 month registration at the time. It was $524 when I renewed for the full year.

Last I heard reported a few months ago was about 400. I would guess it's closer to 500 now. I've been trying to get a reliable/accurate source of that information, but the organizations that have it will only sell the data to businesses.

The only random X I've seen in Michigan not near a Supercharger was a silver one back in October, which I parked across from in a library parking lot before realizing it.