Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any fellow Michiganders waiting? I ordered the Tesla MYLR last week after checking out the model that was in Somerset Mall. This is a big change of direction for me as I get a GM employee discount and habitually lease. One thing that annoys me about GM is that this is my 4th car in a row with radio problems. I'm also tired of negotiating at dealer. Also if you haven't already heard the news we have a $2500 credit for EV is Michigan as of last week.

I ordered Blue with Premium White MY on 06/21 but it got cancelled because Grand Rapids team Cannot hold the car for a week in Dec as iam on vacation (California)

placed another order on 12/20, EDD May 6 -Jun 9.

Hey did you all see this? I believe it is going to be near Michigan Central Station. (Last place I want to run out of battery life.) But still interesting. Wonder if there are other roads like this around the country.

I thought this thread was about how slow the Clarkston Michigan service center is at getting parts.
Agreed and for anyone who has to use them. ALWAYS check they have the part in before showing up for the appointment. They have no issues with letting you show up and saying it’s not in yet, do you want to just cancel service or reschedule?

edit: also they like to say they need to open another ticket because ”insert reason”, we’ll schedule it for you and let you know. Then they just close original ticket with work completed, replaced part and leave you hanging. Then you have to start over and they say we just replaced that part.

Reactions: krcossin
Picking up my MYP at the Grand Rapids Service Center next week. Hoping for good weather. I don’t want to have to inspect it outside in a snow storm :)

Re: the $2500 credit ($2000 vehicle, $500 EV charger)

From what I understand, this is a proposal that still needs to make its way thru the legislature.

The only incentives in MI, at the moment, are from utility companies like Consumers or DTE. They offer $500 credits, if you buy a Chargepoint or Juicebox charger.

Reactions: TheWB and lawmangr
I am starting to get spring fever and my delivery date has not changed since ordering.

Meanwhile, decided against installing the Tesla charger in the garage. Going to go with the 220/dryer plug. I think my girls will get an in a few years and want it to be more generic. What are you all doing with the plug situation. Are you doing the second meter? Doesn't seem cost effective to me.

Picked up my MYP Feb 11th at the Grand Rapids SC. Car came with a small dent/scratch on the front driver door sill.

GR SC was very flexible. Allowing me to delay delivery for it to be repaired locally, or accept delivery and take loaner for 1 week while it is in repair, or accept delivery and have it fixed at a later date.

I chose to have it fixed later.

One other interesting thing about the deliver is the alignment was off. On the way back to Kalamazoo, it was tracking funny down the highway. I made an appointment back in GR on the following Monday, and they found the toe and the camber were off. Grand Rapids SC provided a free alignment.

Got a quote of like $740 to install a NEMA 14-50 plug 25ft away from the panel.

Consumers Energy/DTE provide $500 credit for Chargepoint or Juicebox level 2 charger. I purchased the Chargepoint unit, but need to have it installed before I can submit for the $500 credit.

Took a road trip this weekend from Portage to Grand Haven and back. Left the house with 81% SOC, or about 245 miles range. I thought this would be sufficient, as it is about 100mi/one way. Had to stop at the Hudsonville supercharger, as we pulled in with 35mi of range. This was with temps at 35 degrees, and strong winds.

All in all, a great purchase.

I have a 5.79kW solar array with net metering. I will be watching my monthly bills to see if I finally start to consume more electric than I produce. If I charge during Consumers Energy super off peak period (11pm to 6AM), the rate is 7cents/kWh. From 2-7pm, the rate is 14.9cents/kWh. Financially, the more I produce (and offset) during 2-7pm, the more credits I earn. Really happy I went solar first, then EV.

I got the schedule email/text tonight to pickup my MYP. I ordered Feb 15 and was offered an identical built that someone backed out on. I was told that it’s a Ryzen, fingers crossed.

One thing to note, you can sign up for DTE’s BYOC program to get up to $8/mo back as a rebate every quarter. It’s a program to promote after hours charging.

Reactions: KzooMYP and TheWB