Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Micro Bubble Technologies Unveils M-Fuel and CNT-Battery to the Public

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So HALO Renewable Energy has the exclusive rights for the Lithium X battery for use in non-wheeled applications. They already list it on their website as the "PSYCHO BATTERY" (yeah, that inspires confidence) and claim to have taken thousands of pre-orders.

They show the following specs:

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

So this supplier claims an energy density of 176 Wh/kg - itself not as great as EcoloCap's claim for the CNT battery - yet from the other data on the sheet, you can calculate 159 Wh/kg for both size of Li-X batteries.

That number is lower than the energy density of the 2400 mAh 18650 cells and if Tesla built an ESS with Panasonic's 3100 mAh cells, it would be lower than the entire ESS.

You can also see that the charge rate is 0.5C - not exactly commensurate with a 5 minute charge time.

My take on it is that shows how they tested, not what they are capable of. How do you charge at high C rates when the cell is 720 ah? 1C is 720 amps! I don't think Halo has the capability to test the cell performance in an EV mode, they are focused on stationary energy storage. Exponent's results will be telling.

Because it says nominal voltage is 8V an operating voltage is 7.2. We are really interested in the latter. I see there are two cells in series.

Re charging: They say here that max charge rate is C/2 and minimum charge time is 30 minutes. How does that work?

Not only that, it says carbone footprint.

The company itself evolved out of XL Generation, which apparently was an importer of astroturf and sports equipment. A check on nasdaq.com shows a pretty interesting balance sheet over the past few years. Not in itself a reason to run right away (maybe these guys picked up a dormant incorporated company), but worthy of further checks.

Because it says nominal voltage is 8V an operating voltage is 7.2. We are really interested in the latter. I see there are two cells in series.
I see what you mean, nominal is usually at or below operating voltage, i.e. a 12 volt nominal battery usually operates above that.
Re charging: They say here that max charge rate is C/2 and minimum charge time is 30 minutes. How does that work?
As I mentioned, I think that was the max that Halo was capable of testing. I think there is a mix of actual data from testing by Halo and assumed data from Ecolocap. I know Halo didn't test the 4000 cycles. I'm just hoping Exponent clears this all up this coming week.

Here are two interesting discussions about the company structure.
Yahoo! Message Boards - EcoloCap Solutions Inc. - Still doubt in Ecolocap?
* Ecolocap is paying to have Exponent test the Lithium-X battery.
* Next Alternative Inc. is paying to have Exponent Inc. test the lead-acide CNT battery.
* Next Alternative Inc. has claimed to have received payment for an shipped out 4000 lead-acid CNT batteries on their audited financial report.
* Halo Renewable Energy Inc. has claimed to have tested Ecolocaps batteries and has published the results of those tests on their website.
* Next Alternative Inc. has claimed to hold a contract with an undisclosed company for 40,000 lead-acid CNT batteries (of which it has filled 4000 of that order)
* This quote "NAI has large indications from EzGo (http://www.ezgo.com/) golf carts for initial purchases based upon quality control testing which is almost complete, as well as plans to penetrate the electric car market." from here: http://www.brandsuarez.es/small-cap-stoc...
Yahoo! Message Boards - EcoloCap Solutions Inc. - DD on ECOS
This is what a lot of people don't understand about Ecolocap, and where a lot of confusion stands.

Ecolocap is just a shell corporation. The company with the technology that we are really investing in is MicroBubble Technologies, a private company. The Board of MicroBubble effectively took over Ecolocap in a reverse merger. The purpose of doing something like this is so that MicroBubble can have access to the public markets without the complexity of doing an IPO. Now, lucky us, we have the opportunity to invest in MicroBubble through Ecolocap.

Doing research on Ecolocap itself is almost worthless, because Ecolocap is nothing more than a shell. What investors are really after is MicroBubble. When you buy shares in Ecolocap, you are investing in that 55% ownership of MicroBubble that Ecolocap now owns.

I thought it was just me, but this whole saga has some angle of humor to it.
Even before they came up with "PsychoBattery", I couldn't help but associate MicroBubble with MicroCapStockPriceBubble or even MichaelBuble.
And EcoloCap sounds like you are trying to co-locate capacitors in a datacenter.
All the assortment of different companies makes one wonder who they really are and what is the real focus of their mission. 'They' are making bio-fuel, lead-acid batteries and now lithium batteries too. I hope they have achieved a breakthrough and it makes a difference, but I think they need to work on their naming and marketing.

Oh, and by the way, why are the batteries being marketed "while supplies last"? That is usually a slogan associated with a discontinued product.

----

The EcoloCap home page has a rather ambitious list of goals:
EcoloCap Solutions Inc. is an integrated and complementary network of environmentally focused technology companies that utilize advanced nanotechnology to design, develop, manufacture and sell cleaner alternative energy products.

Our business approach combines science, innovation, and market-ready solutions to achieve environmentally sustainable and economically advantageous, power and energy management practices in the following areas:

• On-Road Transportation: EV/PHEV, trucks, buses, public fleets, mass transit fleets, private fleets
  • Off-Road Transportation: marine engines, locomotives, construction equipment
  • Power Generation: cell towers, data centers, apartments complexes, hospitals, universities
  • Grid Stabilization: utilities, energy services, systems operators, merchant operators, municipalities
  • Industrial: power plants, manufacturing plants, boilers, furnaces, turbines, boilers, driers, kilns
  • Government: military, defense contractors, systems integrators, aerospace, propulsion systems
  • Carbon Credits: Hydro Power, landfill, biomass valorization, industrial improvement, mass transportation

Last edited:
As I mentioned, I think that was the max that Halo was capable of testing. I think there is a mix of actual data from testing by Halo and assumed data from Ecolocap. I know Halo didn't test the 4000 cycles. I'm just hoping Exponent clears this all up this coming week.

What I mean is, they say min charge time is 30 minutes but max charge rate is C/2. Don't they mean 2C for the former to hold true?

What makes no sense for me till this day is in November Ecolocap allegedly revealed their battery to the public in South Korea....there was not one blogger and or news organization that covered the reveal event. It just doesn't make sense unless the reveal event was held in North Korea.

I am looking forward the release of the test results by Exponent Testing. I would not believe any press release from Ecolocap.

Please post the Exponent testing results when they become available. Thx.

This is a good spirited discussion on batteries. I was excited about EcoloCap Solutions Nano- Lithium update last week. Not too sure now. It seems much of the battery results never amount to the original claims or objectives. As we know, batteries are the holy grail of the EV industry and their success will "seal the deal" on all future EV developments and battery applications.

What an absolutely meaningless statement.
...The company has just spread the word that its Nano Lithium X battery can generate a minimum of 200 amp-hours with a single cell (a Tesla requires 6,831 cells)...
EcoloCap claims nanotube-infused Lithium-X battery has 99 percent efficiency, fuels our long-range EV dreams -- Engadget
(Click the button to turn ON comments view)
...Without knowing the voltage, 200 Ah is a meaningless figure. The size/weight of the battery seems rather important too...

Last edited: