Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Micro SD Card for DR650GW-2CH Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone

It has been a year since my dash cam was installed and I am having some error messages on my dash cam. Wondering if someone is experiencing the same issues:

Blackvue keeps saying "Starting normal recording" and "Check your SD card"

I understand it may be the SD card issue.

Anyone recommend a replacement micro SD card? what brand should I buy and any specific details when buying?

Thanks

Once a week after I wash our Ses and check for damage, I reformat the cards in our Blackvues. Press and hold the small button on the right hand side for 10 seconds until you hear the tone, then hold for an additional 5 seconds. After you release, you will her the message Formatting the SD card. The unit will take about 1 minute to reformat the card,merlot and restart the unit. All good.

Reactions: taurusking
Once a week after I wash our Ses and check for damage, I reformat the cards in our Blackvues. Press and hold the small button on the right hand side for 10 seconds until you hear the tone, then hold for an additional 5 seconds. After you release, you will her the message Formatting the SD card. The unit will take about 1 minute to reformat the card,merlot and restart the unit. All good.

This is interesting..I never check the card for damage but I format the SD card every week using computer and USB device.

When I had the issues I did the reset like what you mentioned.

I think 1.5 yrs for Blackvue SD card is too early for replacement not to mention the new San disk 10 speed micro SD card doing the same as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding recording settings to keep the SD card from getting full so quickly? When I bought my BlackVue on Amazon it came with the BlackVue branded 16 GB SD card and an additional 32 GB SD card. I have found that the 32 GB card doesn't even hold 24 hours worth of footage. I do seem to have a lot of parking mode footage due to the fact that at home my car is parked in the underground parking garage at my apartment. Due to all the activity underground of other cars entering/leaving the garage, as well as pedestrian traffic, there is a ton of parking mode footage. I could adjust settings, but I kind of think I want that footage in case anything happens to my car while it is parked.

Does anyone have an ideas regarding how I can adjust settings so that the card doesn't fill up so fast? Or are there recommendations for a larger SD card to buy that doesn't have some of the compatibility issues that others have mentioned?

My current recording settings are FHD @30 & HD @30 for the two cameras. The options for "Image compression ratio" show normal, high or high. I'm currently set to "normal". Would changing that to one of the two labeled as "high" make a difference?

Hi Everyone

It has been a year since my dash cam was installed and I am having some error messages on my dash cam. Wondering if someone is experiencing the same issues:

Blackvue keeps saying "Starting normal recording" and "Check your SD card"

I understand it may be the SD card issue.

Anyone recommend a replacement micro SD card? what brand should I buy and any specific details when buying?

Thanks

I'm going to try the Lexar 633 when I buy mine based off this review and some other threads I read.

What SD Cards do we use/recommend?

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding recording settings to keep the SD card from getting full so quickly? When I bought my BlackVue on Amazon it came with the BlackVue branded 16 GB SD card and an additional 32 GB SD card. I have found that the 32 GB card doesn't even hold 24 hours worth of footage. I do seem to have a lot of parking mode footage due to the fact that at home my car is parked in the underground parking garage at my apartment. Due to all the activity underground of other cars entering/leaving the garage, as well as pedestrian traffic, there is a ton of parking mode footage. I could adjust settings, but I kind of think I want that footage in case anything happens to my car while it is parked.

Does anyone have an ideas regarding how I can adjust settings so that the card doesn't fill up so fast? Or are there recommendations for a larger SD card to buy that doesn't have some of the compatibility issues that others have mentioned?

My current recording settings are FHD @30 & HD @30 for the two cameras. The options for "Image compression ratio" show normal, high or high. I'm currently set to "normal". Would changing that to one of the two labeled as "high" make a difference?

I don't have mine yet but if you have an option between FHD and HD it likely means 1080p vs 720p resolution. The latter of which would take significantly less space. You can get a 128gb aftermarket fairly inexpensive though so I'd start there.

My Blackvue has gone through a few SD cards (including the Blackvue OEM card).
Tried a few SanDisk Ultra and ExtremePlus cards, but those eventually failed anywhere from weeks to a few months.

But I did find one card that so far has been rock solid in the last 6 months: SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card 64GB.
  • Ideal for dashcams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael and Fiver
Whatever you do skip the delkin cards. I don't remember where the recommendation for that brand came from but it was some blackvue forum or vendor. I burned out 3 delkin cards in less than 6 months, just total junk. Caused weird buggy things to happen too like bad audio in the recordings, lots of hard lockups, etc.

My Blackvue has gone through a few SD cards (including the Blackvue OEM card).
Tried a few SanDisk Ultra and ExtremePlus cards, but those eventually failed anywhere from weeks to a few months.

But I did find one card that so far has been rock solid in the last 6 months: SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card 64GB.
  • Ideal for dashcams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications
I agree. Have been using this exact card and it works well.

Reactions: Joelc