Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Microfiber Towels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the Kirkland brand plush towels...
Once I've carefully removed the tag.
The border stitch can be slightly abrasive but avoid them and it's a really good towel.

Wash your microfiber towels separate from the regular " cotton" wash. The fibers get on the microfiber and make them linty. Wash in warm if they're really dirty, cool wash generally. Non detergent soaps are best and NEVER dry them with dryer sheets. The alkali in them causes the fibers to get hard over time
BTW- use vinegar in the rinse cycle to help rid the towels of soap and keep the fibers soft. This works great for all of your laundry and you'll notice less fibers on the lint screen. :)

I love the Kirkland brand plush towels...
Once I've carefully removed the tag.
The border stitch can be slightly abrasive but avoid them and it's a really good towel.

Wash your microfiber towels separate from the regular " cotton" wash. The fibers get on the microfiber and make them linty. Wash in warm if they're really dirty, cool wash generally. Non detergent soaps are best and NEVER dry them with dryer sheets. The alkali in them causes the fibers to get hard over time
BTW- use vinegar in the rinse cycle to help rid the towels of soap and keep the fibers soft. This works great for all of your laundry and you'll notice less fibers on the lint screen. :)

+1 On Costco/Kirkland super plush yellow towels. Very little lint and hold up amazingly well. I did a lot of research and gave these are shot on a whim and they're better or as good as just about anything else I tried.

Plus they come in a 36 pack and will last the life of the car. Just be sure to whip, shake them out before washing and use microfiber specific detergent on cold and dry on low.

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3
+1 On Costco/Kirkland super plush yellow towels. Very little lint and hold up amazingly well. I did a lot of research and gave these are shot on a whim and they're better or as good as just about anything else I tried.

Plus they come in a 36 pack and will last the life of the car. Just be sure to whip, shake them out before washing and use microfiber specific detergent on cold and dry on low.
Thanks for adding what I forgot! Low temps make happy fibers. Especially if drying. :)

I did splurge on a few towels from Adams. The blue waffle towels are best for using with waterless washes. Large waffle white are great for drying. Super plush buffing towels for final buffing and have no edges or border stitch.

I buy pretty much all of my care care junk from Griots. Their drying towel is half jaw dropping amazing, and half straight up witchcraft. Its certainly not the most expensive care care collection out there, but its more pricey than what you can get at the local brick and mortar or Amazon.
Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Microfiber towels are the only thing I don't buy from Griots (I get them from Costco) because I go through a LOT of them. I can usually get a few washes and re-uses out of the Costco ones before I need to relegate them to shop-rag duty.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I use the Costco towels for interior and tires/wheels.

I'm sure they're fine for washing the exterior also, but I prefer thicker, high thread count MFs from Rag Company for exterior wash.

Oh and as @bxt140 mentioned, do yourself a favor and pick up a Griots Garage PFM drying towel. It works so much better than waffle weave drying towels. Truly amazing how well it works. Just lay the towel or drag the towel across a panel and it will be dry. So thick you don't have to wring out once while drying the entire car.

+3 Costco sells these large microfiber towel packs that have many 50 towels for less than $20, I think. I've been using these with great success for nearly 15 years. Give it a shot! :)

Adding a photo to help, those interested, find them at Costco. :)

mft.jpg