TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Microphone and voice recognition not working after install of 2019.40.50.1

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Willy3988, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Willy3988

Willy3988 Member

Just installed the update and tried the voice recognition but seems like the car is not listening. Tried a reboot and a hard reboot but it is still the same. Can't file a bug report since the microphone appears to be dead. It was all working previously before the update.

2. MacGreiner

Since the 50.1 my voice command function does not work. The window pops up with the green icon but it just sits there like it is deaf after saying something. Anyone else have the same thing happen?

3. Willy3988

Willy3988 Member

Yes same here.

• Informative x 1
  4. Mardak

Mardak Member

Pushing the right wheel doesn't seem consistent anymore with the latest update, but triggering voice command from the screen seems to work fine.

• Informative x 1
  5. MarkBrokeIt

MarkBrokeIt Supporting Member

I've had this experience using the wheel several times with whatever update I had before 50.1 (haven't tried on that version yet).

6. Willy3988

Willy3988 Member

I see others are having the same issue. I am on HW2.5 waiting for the HW3

7. MacGreiner

Yeah - just posted the same issue. Made a booking for mobile service next week.

• Disagree x 2
  8. Granian

Granian Member

Same problem; no improvement after soft and hard reboots. HW3.0

9. Brad1240

Brad1240 Member

Yes exact same thing.

10. or0b0to

or0b0to New Member

#10 or0b0to, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2019
    Ditto.

2020 LR HW3 - Just picked it up this afternoon from the deliver center.

Everything worked fine at pickup and on the way home.

After I connected to wifi this update was pushed to the vehicle, and now none of the voice commands work.

When I press the button and speak I can see the microphone circle expanding and contracting like it's picking my voice up, but nothing happens.

Pretty disappointing for this to happen to a couple of hours old car... especially when I went to take the wife for a spin to show off all the goodies and got blocked by the voice commands not working... definitely made the $$$ dropped today seem a little suspect in her eyes.

11. airpor41

airpor41 Member

Yes, same thing. Reboot. Hard reboot. Occasionally (maybe 1 of 50) works with long (5+sec) delay.

12. SFO_marco

SFO_marco New Member

Just upgraded to 2019.40.50.1. Tesla X. My voice command is not working/ microphone doesn't work. The speaker icon comes on, but then nothing happens. Occasionally, it might understand one command. I've tried rebooting twice.

13. MacGreiner

Same for me. I have tried the double scroll wheel reboot, the vehicle power off reboot, using the scroll wheel and using the touch screen to activate. Nothing works apart from the play command. Doesn't look like a hardware issue. Something is up.

14. PL6D1N

PL6D1N Member

Same here. Scroll wheel is hit or miss and on screen has quite a delay and also hit or miss. I’m sure they will figure it out.

On a positive note wiper speed adjustment worked for me. “ Wiper speed one” and “Wiper speed up” seemed to work.

Let’s see what else we can do

15. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Active Member

Mine’s not working either.

16. steven415

steven415 Member

same...it's very hit or miss. worked 1 out of 15 tries.

17. StealthPenguin

Having the exact same issue here. Works once with restart and then stops again. Quite disappointing.

18. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

Theory is that Tesla servers are getting swamped with everyone trying this out. I have had hit and miss responses. Likely needs action at Tesla's end. Hoping it is fixed soon.

19. SarasotaModelS

SarasotaModelS 2019 Model 3 Performance

I am experiencing the same issue too. The voice command feature works only 10% of the time.

20. EVinAZ

EVinAZ Member

Hard to believe they pushed a new firmware with one of the major features is voice commands and it doesn't work. Worst update ever. Hopefully a quick fix is forthcoming.