Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Microphone and voice recognition not working after install of 2019.40.50.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the update and tried the voice recognition but seems like the car is not listening. Tried a reboot and a hard reboot but it is still the same. Can't file a bug report since the microphone appears to be dead. It was all working previously before the update.

Ditto.

2020 LR HW3 - Just picked it up this afternoon from the deliver center.

Everything worked fine at pickup and on the way home.

After I connected to wifi this update was pushed to the vehicle, and now none of the voice commands work.

When I press the button and speak I can see the microphone circle expanding and contracting like it's picking my voice up, but nothing happens.

Pretty disappointing for this to happen to a couple of hours old car... especially when I went to take the wife for a spin to show off all the goodies and got blocked by the voice commands not working... definitely made the $$$ dropped today seem a little suspect in her eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me. I have tried the double scroll wheel reboot, the vehicle power off reboot, using the scroll wheel and using the touch screen to activate. Nothing works apart from the play command. Doesn't look like a hardware issue. Something is up.

Same here. Scroll wheel is hit or miss and on screen has quite a delay and also hit or miss. I’m sure they will figure it out.

On a positive note wiper speed adjustment worked for me. “ Wiper speed one” and “Wiper speed up” seemed to work.

Let’s see what else we can do