Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Microphone and voice recognition not working after install of 2019.40.50.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, same here. I would think this issue has to be on the server side. I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t have thoroughly tested this, but of course that testing was way less hard on the overall server traffic. In any case, they need to fix this immediately, and they certainly should have had a way to simulate the expected server traffic better. It’s like they threw a lump of coal into the Christmas stocking along with the other cool stuff!

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
UPDATE: Voice commands are basically working now, although sluggish at times, so it sure seems like something was fixed on the server end. My car has been sitting in the driveway since earlier this evening when nothing was working, so it definitely wasn’t due to additional calibration while driving. I also tried the commands earlier while parked, and nothing was working, so the change isn’t due to different noise conditions in the car either. What’s the current status for the rest of you?

UPDATE: Voice commands are basically working now, although sluggish at times, so it sure seems like something was fixed on the server end. My car has been sitting in the driveway since earlier this evening when nothing was working, so it definitely wasn’t due to additional calibration while driving. I also tried the commands earlier while parked, and nothing was working, so the change isn’t due to different noise conditions in the car either. What’s the current status for the rest of you?
Seems to be working better now for me as well. It's too bad that the voice processor isn't hosted locally.

Same boat as the others ; here in belgium Voice commands completely down
nothing works at all.

Even stuff that used to work before the update. The car is basically deaf. Tried both LTE or wifi + reboots.

Meh. Strange ; not a single word about that in Tesla's twitter account.

Computer dummy here? Once the car is updated with the new firmware why would it need the servers to respond to voice commands?

My car is responding correctly most of the time to the new voice commands with the exception of "set fan speed to two". It interprets the command correctly but turns the fan to 10.

Same here. None of voice commands work, including for navigation. Previously, this occurred when the car did not have a data connection. Now, even with a solid LTE connection, voice recognition is not working. Disapointing, as the text message readout seemed like an exciting and distraction-reducing feature.

Same issue,
Honestly seeing how this works I'm not too sure if I like it.

So the thought is every command we issue goes back to a server to decipher then back to the car to issue the command. Not all that crazy relying on this as we can see now, sever overloads or just bad cellular service will affect this kind of thing.

I kind of hope it's just a bug in the firmware and this is not the case.