Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Atlantic Reus Audio Upgrade Group Buy (Dec. 2015/Jan. 2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am looking at having Reus Audio Systems install their audio system upgrade in my car toward the end of the year, in the December/January timeframe.

Reus offers a custom Tesla-designed system that integrates perfectly with the car/touchscreen, and they have a few installers apprenticed on system installation in Teslas, so they know how to do it. They travel around the country to install the systems on Model Ses. There are several different packages offered and those who have had the upgrade installed have given rave reviews, calling the quality of the sound phenomenal and a significant improvement over Tesla's upgraded sound system. (You can get the system installed if you have the "Ultra High Fidelty Sound Package" or the base factory sound package--it doesn't matter).

Anyway, Cliff at Reus (or one of the other Reus technicians) travels periodically to the east coast for installations. They typically split travel costs among the owners that he installs systems on, so the more people we can get together for this, the better.

Who is interested in having this system installed in their Model S in the December/January timeframe? Please let me know, and if I get sufficient responses we can organize a group install that should help defray some of the costs of the install.

If you want more information on the systems, you can contact Reus and they will hook you up. After speaking with them, they are very knowledgeable about the Model S and quality audio systems.

I chose the upgrade that replaced subwoofer, side front speakers and added a tweeter behind the rear view mirror and a bass knob on the bottom of my seat. Everything else fully integrated. Mine was "middle of the road" (you can spend more or less) in terms of cost - and it was in the "few thousand" range, but that was over a year ago. Cost depends on defraying travel across many people, so sign up and sign your friends up. I first tried out the system at TMC in 14, then listened to artsci's system and have not regretted the upgrade. I know many, many other happy customers as well, but I encourage you to find a system so you can listen to it. Definitely call and talk to Cliff to talk through the options. He will work with you to configure what you want.

Also, one caveat, it does make even slacker sound better, but the best sound occurs when you have FLACs (lossless, unfortunately, Apple's ALAC doesn't work) on a USB key, so this may incur a major music migration (or, sadly, in my case, a major procrastination of music migration...)

Also, if you can be there while he does it, be prepared to see the inside of your car like you've never seen it before - made me a little nervous, but it was PERFECTLY put back together :)