Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Atlantic Reus Audio Upgrade Group Buy (Nov/Dec 2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an update from Cliff on this:

He is looking at the timeframe within the last couple of weeks of January 2015 for this install tour, and will be reaching out to folks in the next week to confirm availability.

Cliff also mentioned that they will have a P85D in their shop soon to confirm install ability and doesn't anticipate any issues with installing the Reus upgrade in either the autopilot-equipped Model S's or the Dual Motor Model Ss.

I have the Reus Stage 2 system installed in my car and really love it. I was one of the Mid Atlantic group that had their installs done in early 2015 by Cliff Johnson. You can find more info at their web site at reusaudio.com.

The company is located in Orange County. So for @GasKilla, it may be simple for you to visit their location. For @jacobp: The installations are done by their technicians ... they travel to you, so you have to pay for the materials AND their travel. If you can get a group of people together in a single geographic area for a "group buy", then the travel costs can be split. That is what we did in early 2015. I think Cliff installed about 15 systems in one trip out to this area.

There are several "levels" of systems that can be purchased.....as more capability/features are added they increase in price. As I noted above, I have the Stage 2 Reus system installed in my car, and the sound is great. I know of one person who had the Stage 3 installed, and it was superb (in my non-expert opinion). The Stage 2 system replaces the stock Tesla bass speaker with a better one, along with the amp to drive the speaker. In addition, dual upper midrange tweeters, a center channel, and control module were installed. They have to run some wiring, so it takes several hours to do an installation.

I believe their cost sheet may be proprietary, so I am not comfortable sharing it here. I will say that it cost a few thousand dollars (including my share of the travel expenses). I recommend that you email Cliff Johnson at Reus Audio at the following address: [email protected] and inquire directly with him.

For @jacobp: I see you are in the Maryland area. I'd be happy to meet up with you somewhere so you can listen to my system and see what you think. If you decide to have one installed, I'd recommend you first contact Cliff to see if he is working on a trip out this way. If not, perhaps you can start a thread here on TMC to see if there is interest in coordinating a group of installs. PM me if you are interested.

For those that have the Reus upgrade, do you typically listen to high-quality music?

I guess what I'm asking, would it make much of a difference if the primary listening media is compressed-audio (slacker, tune-in, etc.)?

My (non-expert) opinion is that even with broadcast/internet audio there is some improvement. Center channel and increased bass. But if you listen to high quality music on an USB it is much better.

Cool, thanks.

Something to keep in mind for the future. I have the kids seats, and looking at their spec sheet, nothing is compatible with kid seats + standard audio. I was going to get an NVX sub as soon as the kids outgrow the seats, but maybe I'll get a price quote on a Stage 2 from Reus.

I have the Reus Stage 2 system installed in my car and really love it. I was one of the Mid Atlantic group that had their installs done in early 2015 by Cliff Johnson. You can find more info at their web site at reusaudio.com.

The company is located in Orange County. So for @GasKilla, it may be simple for you to visit their location. For @jacobp: The installations are done by their technicians ... they travel to you, so you have to pay for the materials AND their travel. If you can get a group of people together in a single geographic area for a "group buy", then the travel costs can be split. That is what we did in early 2015. I think Cliff installed about 15 systems in one trip out to this area.

There are several "levels" of systems that can be purchased.....as more capability/features are added they increase in price. As I noted above, I have the Stage 2 Reus system installed in my car, and the sound is great. I know of one person who had the Stage 3 installed, and it was superb (in my non-expert opinion). The Stage 2 system replaces the stock Tesla bass speaker with a better one, along with the amp to drive the speaker. In addition, dual upper midrange tweeters, a center channel, and control module were installed. They have to run some wiring, so it takes several hours to do an installation.

I believe their cost sheet may be proprietary, so I am not comfortable sharing it here. I will say that it cost a few thousand dollars (including my share of the travel expenses). I recommend that you email Cliff Johnson at Reus Audio at the following address: [email protected] and inquire directly with him.

For @jacobp: I see you are in the Maryland area. I'd be happy to meet up with you somewhere so you can listen to my system and see what you think. If you decide to have one installed, I'd recommend you first contact Cliff to see if he is working on a trip out this way. If not, perhaps you can start a thread here on TMC to see if there is interest in coordinating a group of installs. PM me if you are interested.

Thank you very much.