Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great summary @MD-2000!

What are peoples thoughts on this route being used in conjunction with the pickup truck unveil on November 19? Too soon?

Remember that depending on the range of the pickup, it might not need 100% of stations to be done.

If it is, my guess is that it will be after the unveil, perhaps to a second event in eastern Canada - they wouldn't want people to see the pickup before hand.

Just my luck that on last visit to Winnipeg site Thursday the Tesla techs were on site from Toronto. Super nice guys and they said they are working hard on bringing everything online in next few weeks and one fellow didn't think the timing of opening was linked to November 21 Cybertruck reveal!

Attachments

• 20191107_193207.jpg
    20191107_193207.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 128
I guess I'm the only one on this sub-forum who thinks there likely won't be a big "reveal" or announcement regarding the TCH superchargers.
You and I have both been wrong about a few details, but I'm with you on this one.
It's also possible that Tesla won't say anything but it will be a big splash in the media from a bunch of Tesla owners (new and existing).

You and I have both been wrong about a few details, but I'm with you on this one.
It's also possible that Tesla won't say anything but it will be a big splash in the media from a bunch of Tesla owners (new and existing).
Sure, I suppose if we are considering coverage from Elektrek and the Moose Jaw Times-Herald, then there will be a big "Tesla reveal" of some sort. I just doubt that Tesla issues a press release or anything. At best, it might get a mention in passing from Elon.

I guess I'm the only one on this sub-forum who thinks there likely won't be a big "reveal" or announcement regarding the TCH superchargers.
I am going to agree with you, just so you aren't alone :). I think it will just happen.
I know my local e-media is covering it here, like they did for Petro-Canada.
From what the crew told me, "Tesla is on our tails", I think it could be operational all along the route by the end of next week if not sooner.
Well, at least from Kenora to Calgary and hopefully all the way east.
I guess I am an optimist.:D

During the last hockey game I saw the Petro-Canada ads saying they have electrified Canada from coast to coast so you can now drive it all electric. (Complete with highway line painting truck instead putting lightning bolts on the pavement). That seems a little premature, but they're going in the right direction, I guess. I'm sure anyone with curiosity or a need to know will hear about the go-live by word of mouth.

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
During the last hockey game I saw the Petro-Canada ads saying they have electrified Canada from coast to coast so you can now drive it all electric. (Complete with highway line painting truck instead putting lightning bolts on the pavement). That seems a little premature, but they're going in the right direction, I guess. I'm sure anyone with curiosity or a need to know will hear about the go-live by word of mouth.
I believe all of Manitoba & Saskatchewan Petro Can chargers are live now!

Plugshare indicates Brandon and Whitewood as "coming soon". I see Brandon is supposedly live on some other post. Of course, that doesn't help until Chademo adapters are back in stock. "Almost there" is getting closer all the time.
The Brandon Petro Canada CHAdeMO is LIVE for certain. I made that post & was there to watch two cars getting charged. Pretty sure Tom, the Saskatchewan & Manitoba supervisor said that Portage & East of Winnipeg/Dugald? would be fired up last week also. The Saskatchewan people have said all the Saskatchewan Petro Canada chargers were operational & free. This is all very good news!

Last edited:
Reactions: SammichLover
Hi all; For our delight and entertainment, I went through the individual posts to summarize the Trans-Canada progress... Thanks to all who posted progress.
I think we're close to a major announcement?

TransCanada progress From Calgary (EXISTING SC):
Dates indicate when the earliest posts indicate pedestals went in. The pedestals are typically the last hardware installed.
No indication for most whether the local utility has installed power hookups or not... generally it seems they have.

Strathmore - all pedestals installed - some paving needed?
Bassano - Pedestals being installed Oct.25 -presume done.
Medicine Hat - Oct 24 - pedestals done.

Saskatchewan:
Maple Creek - Pedestals all installed - Oct.12th
Swift Current - Pedestals are in Oct.19th
Moose Jaw - Pedestals installed Oct. 17th
Regina - Pedestals installed Oct. 4th
(to Saskatoon -> Davidson - pedestals installed Oct.22nd )
Whitewood - pedestals installed Oct.3rd

Manitoba:
***Brandon - Pedestals - being installed Nov 7
Portage la Prairie -pedestals installed Oct. 31
Winnipeg -Pedestals installed Nov. 6
Prawda - Pedestals installed Nov 3rd or earlier

(Ontario: Not a lot of updates from Northern Ontario)
***Kenora - Wiring done, pedestals onsite Oct22 - installed?
***Dryden - Fenced off and digging Oct.18
***Ignace - Oct 18 - Digging, conduit placed.
(Upsala? logical stop between, but no information)
Thunder Bay -Pedestals in - surprise! - Nov 3rd
***Nipigon - Oct 28 - fenced; digging underway?
Terrace Bay - Oct 18 - pedestals installed
White River - Oct 11 - pedestals installed
Wawa - Oct 30 pedestals installed
(Batchawana Bay? May start construction soon?)
Sault Ste Marie -Pedestals installed - Oct 17
Blind River - Pedestals installed Nov 2
Espanola - Pedestals installed - Nov 1
Sudbury - EXISTING SC
North Bay - Oct 25 - pedestals installed
Deep River - Oct 27 - pedestals installed
(Renfrew? no Progress)
Ottawa - EXISTING SC

Two long stretches are Ignace to Thunder Bay and Wawa to Sault Ste Marie

Latest:
Kenora is done. (Nov 14)
Nipigon has the white boxes in place on bases, but no pedestals, no Hydro transformer (Nov 13)

I did a quick & dirty on that and got about 1750 kms now SpC-able between the Red Deer Gasoline Alley, AB, and the Wawa, ON. Whatever the exact number, I'm going to assert that's not only a record, but one that should last a long, long time - perhaps forever. It is possible if not desirable to jump through Upsala.

(C'mon, Tesla: prove me wrong and light up the way between Fairbanks and, say, Vancouver....:))

Last edited:
Weird, yesterday Tesla has changed a lot of their mid-Canada location ids from (for example) "maplecreeksupercharger" to "maplecreeksksupercharger" and so on. Now it seems they've changed them back :-/
From a software development perspective, you can break a lot of things and piss off a lot of people if you change IDs which are assumed to be immutable and unchanging. I'm guessing there was an issue and they reverted to the previous IDs so as not to break anything downstream.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger