Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of the v3 superchargers have one cabinet working while the other is not, so you should at least try one stall from each of the groups of 4. How did you end up charging in Ignace?

Indeed, in Wawa the left 3 were on, right 3 were off.

I didn't end up charging in Ignace. Having seen the closures on nav and discovered in Dryden that "temporarily closed" means "might work", I had charged enough in Dryden to get to Upsala (210 km) thinking I would be OK if either Ignace or Upsala worked. Plan B would have been plugshare L2 in Upsala.

Last edited:
I can make it from Edmonton to Lloyd (Wainwright, but close enough) on just over 50%; I believe there's supposed to be one going into Vegreville but I would think only the shortest-range cars would need one between Edmonton and Lloyd. Unless you're towing.
You can definitely make it, but historically they've tried to keep even the longest gaps in rural areas under 140 miles and going forward, I think their shooting for more like 120 or even 100 miles. This gap is ~155 miles. Also, the winter is cold up there.

Kindersley is interesting. Still need one in S'toon though.

Would also need another one between Edmonton and Lloydminster.
I would think that the route through Kindersley would at least need one in Drumheller (popular tourist destination - dinosaur museum) and most likely Rosetown, Oyen and Hama as well. At this point Tesla is probably concentrated on the bigger highways like Saskatoon to Edmonton.

I'm sure others can point to dozens of less travelled highways across the western USA that could also benefit from chargers.

The future's so bright, ♪
I gotta wear shades...

TitleProvinceIf Already Open (per Tesla)Planned Opening Date (US website)Planned Opening Date (en_ca)Planned Opening Date (fr_ca)
North Battleford, SK (coming soon)SKComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021Target opening in Q4 2021Target opening in Q4 2021
Saskatoon, SK (coming soon)SKComing SoonTarget opening in Q3 2021Target opening in Q4 2021Target opening in Q4 2021

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
1643900422210.png

I started a thread for Minot, North Dakota:

Posting it here because it's probably of more interest here than it is to most Midwesterners!

Nope, if you compare the facebook photos to streetview, there is a big sign where they are digging that says for lease. Likely to be a fast food place being built and the address would be different than the mall. The supercharger may yet end up in the Canadian Tire lot, but until we see digging there, we won't know for sure.

Reactions: PStewart