Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I don’t see a V3 roll out even in the US until sometime next year, so I doubt Canada will see one until 2021, or even 2022.

Man does it feel weird typing those years out. :p
It’s very likely there are currently some V3 under installation in Fremont. Also, that’s like saying that the Trans-Canada won’t be built until 2020 or later (unlikely)

Reactions: noicepls
It’s very likely there are currently some V3 under installation in Fremont. Also, that’s like saying that the Trans-Canada won’t be built until 2020 or later (unlikely)
Currently just one is under testing in Freemont. It’s only my opinion, but as I understand it the V3 supplements grid power with onsite storage to meet the demand from charging. If there’s one thing you can say about Tesla, it’s that they don’t have enough batteries to go around. Between regular production and the incoming ramps for Model Y, the Semi, and new Roadster, I just don’t think Tesla will have enough battery production to meet all that demand AND have some left for V3 Superchargers. *shrug*

Reactions: lensovet
hope they are are all V3

V3 would be nice, but V2 would turn 18 hours charging into 3, per trip. Having that available RIGHT NOW seems more important than waiting longer so it’s 1.5 hours rather than 3.

Every trip I make on Level 2 chargers now would need 10 later on Supercharger v3 to balance the delay vs v2 now. The v2 vs v3 difference is pretty small proportionately. Especially if you go to the restroom and eat while charging.

Hope this works. My first time loading photos to this site. All photos taken today at Brandon Manitoba Corral Centre. Could it be happening?

Attachments

• 5487A219-9500-4B83-8FFE-2A37F5E05B51.jpeg
    5487A219-9500-4B83-8FFE-2A37F5E05B51.jpeg
    665.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 727734B1-0E1E-41ED-9A04-EA3FFAA92664.jpeg
    727734B1-0E1E-41ED-9A04-EA3FFAA92664.jpeg
    599.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 94086DC7-D423-4A12-9AD9-4DCCACA6D435.png
    94086DC7-D423-4A12-9AD9-4DCCACA6D435.png
    359.8 KB · Views: 98
This is probably it. For what I know, permits have been pulled for the Prairies and W. Ontario Superchargers. For whom this may concern, I’m wondering if we should make threads for all the new Superchargers found under construction due to low views and low replies as well. I wouldn’t expect more than 10 posts per new Supercharger thread in a town like Nipigon, Wawa, or Ignace, for example.

My opinion is that we should only have independent threads for SCs in “urban” areas of W. Ontario and the Prairies like Thunder Bay, Kenora, Sault-Ste-Marie and anything east (Espanola, Blind River). I think that most Superchargers in the prairies should have their own thread, because there are some locals which can ring in more often (Winnipeg, Moose Jaw, Regina, Swift, etc)

Just my 2 cents here. Any suggestions?

L: Blue Highliter: independent thread, Yellow HL: this thread, Red HL: not happening
937B48E7-8D95-4296-A414-24B4CFAD9A04.jpeg

Good reason to be optimistic!

For the record, I was at the sites for Portage la Prairie and Winnipeg/Polo Park yesterday. No signs of any survey or construction activity at those 2 sites.

Keep your eyes open close by as well. I went to many superchargers this winter (drove to factory) and a lot of them are not exactly on the dot. You pull into where the map takes you then look for the charger. From the dot on the map I’d have expected construction (if that is what this is) on the south side of Safeway it is however on the north side.

This is probably it. For what I know, permits have been pulled for the Prairies and W. Ontario Superchargers. For whom this may concern, I’m wondering if we should make threads for all the new Superchargers found under construction due to low views and low replies as well. I wouldn’t expect more than 10 posts per new Supercharger thread in a town like Nipigon, Wawa, or Ignace, for example.

My opinion is that we should only have independent threads for SCs in “urban” areas of W. Ontario and the Prairies like Thunder Bay, Kenora, Sault-Ste-Marie and anything east (Espanola, Blind River). I think that most Superchargers in the prairies should have their own thread, because there are some locals which can ring in more often (Winnipeg, Moose Jaw, Regina, Swift, etc)

Just my 2 cents here. Any suggestions?

L: Blue Highliter: independent thread, Yellow HL: this thread, Red HL: not happeningView attachment 415040
I'd rather see a separate thread for each as it comes "better defined" (whatever that might mean). I don't think we can predict ahead of time which locations will be "high volume" in this forum. If the Wawa SC is taken over by Africanized honey bees, I'd rather read about on a dedicated Wawa thread.
Also, this thread has gotten too big. It should be split up and merged with site threads as they become available.

Reactions: SammichLover
I contacted the town of Blind River concerning new Superchargers. I was told that the offer would be left to the business community, which left 2 locations that could be able to host Superchargers (space, location, commodities):

- Hutton’s Valu-Mart, or in the rest of that parking lot.
- Tim Hortons, but knowing they mostly contract with KSI, unlikely.

Still do not know the definite location but construction will start in July.

I contacted the town of Blind River concerning new Superchargers. I was told that the offer would be left to the business community, which left 2 locations that could be able to host Superchargers (space, location, commodities):

- Hutton’s Valu-Mart, or in the rest of that parking lot.
- Tim Hortons, but knowing they mostly contract with KSI, unlikely.

Still do not know the definite location but construction will start in July.
"Well, it was back in Blind River in 1962
When I last saw you alive
But we missed that shift on the long decline
Long may you run"

Reactions: DMC-Orangeville