Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Post discussion about Superchargers in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and West Ontario (west of White River, ON) see photo below
FFB7BF0D-49E9-4FD3-8B55-62D253D68BF9.jpeg

I will need @Doug_G to place this in the important thread section. Thanks in advance.

As this discussion is started, there is a Supercharger in Sudbury ON and a couple in Calgary AB. None in Saskatchewan, Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario (ie. West of Sudbury).

Within minutes of starting the thread, a blue dot has shown up in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba.

Let the games begin!
Interesting place to start. By the way it seems that 46 Teslas have been sold in MB, hopefully this will help sales to pick up.

Interesting place to start. By the way it seems that 46 Teslas have been sold in MB, hopefully this will help sales to pick up.

I have seen a woman at the Toronto Lawrence East store with a Model S with Manitoba plates. She said her boyfriend buys cars and licenses them in Manitoba, but the cars largely reside in Ontario; the registration is just a convenience or corporate issue or something. So maybe there have not been 46 Teslas actually sold in MB...

• Informative
Reactions: Drone Flyer
Very exciting news, mid-Canada.
Now we just need to see some action in the Maritimes.
I know several entities (towns, malls) who have contacted Tesla about being site hosts, but I haven't hear of any actual progress beyond that.
Presumably the first phase will be the five sites in NB and two in NS that were announced last year and that are on the map as Coming Soon. We may find out more in a month or so - last year Tesla announced new SC sites in April and again in September.

Presumably the first phase will be the five sites in NB and two in NS that were announced last year and that are on the map as Coming Soon.

It is my understanding (I work with our utility and others who have reason to be informed) that that map is very rough, and final network design, let alone specific site selection, is still a discussion.
But you're right, there will probably be something more concrete made public shortly.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
It is my understanding (I work with our utility and others who have reason to be informed) that that map is very rough, and final network design, let alone specific site selection, is still a discussion.
But you're right, there will probably be something more concrete made public shortly.
I have been following the build out of SCs very closely since I got my Model S 3.25 years ago and generally they come pretty close to building what they put on the map. Very often they get pushed back a year, or more (like North Bay) or sites that were never on the map open (like Parry Sound) but in most instances they build what is on the map eventually and it is usually pretty close to where it is listed on the map. Atlantic Canada may be a bit different, but I doubt it - they have them in the cities for the most part, rather than optimizing them at a distance of 150km, or whatever. But hopefully this is just phase one and there will be more in the future - like on Cape Breton, Newfoundland, and maybe the eastern side of NB.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Again I disagree. Anything in Ontario West/North of Sudbury is part of the Trans-Canada Supercharger "project". They will likely be done together. It makes sense to have that entire discussion in one place rather than having it split amongst two threads.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Don't get too excited - this may just mean that Tesla has applied for a permit. Construction could still be many months away.

In the article it tates, construction will start in August.

This would seem to confirm, at the very least, a USA-MB link by the Fall, since Tesla doesn't like to put Superchargers on islands.

Both known Manitoba sites are owned by a real-estate company called Shindico. They have properties in SK, MB and ON. Actually only one property in Ontario, but it would be a good location for a Supercharger: Sault Centre

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
In the article it tates, construction will start in August.

This would seem to confirm, at the very least, a USA-MB link by the Fall, since Tesla doesn't like to put Superchargers on islands.
Do you have a link to the article?

What do you mean that "Tesla doesn't like to put Superchargers on islands"? Montreal, Manhattan, Long Island and Hong Kong are all islands.