Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid range battery available now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the return policy new? Return Policy

• The standard return period is one (1) calendar day after delivery. If you have taken delivery of your vehicle without ever having taken a test or demo drive with us, we understand that you may want additional time to get to know your vehicle. In that case, you will have three (3) calendar days after delivery to return your vehicle, subject to the terms and conditions of this policy.
I have not done a test drive with Tesla but own a Model 3. Wonder if the 3 day policy still applies? :D

Hi @Buddyroe

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
I configured my exact car - Midnight silver, performance AWD, white interior, performance upgrade and EAP. Total price of car got from 78,200.00 down to 76,500.00 before incentives/savings.

Does your $78,200 include the delivery & doc fees? (The $76,500 does not.) That accounts for $1,200, and the white interior did drop by $500. So those two make up your $1,700 difference, which is really only $500.

Medium range battery is not offered on the Canadian Website. Interesting.

I think they are doing this cover as many US orders as they can before the tax credit runs out (assuming it doesn't change). This opens the car up to other people to get what they want within reason. You get PUP and a little more range but you also get a full tax credit.

So who got screwed, we early adopters with LR battery and premium interior??

Nope, we LR RWD owners now have the longest range Model 3. My only regret is I really wanted white interiors, and now they've made white interiors available to MR RWD lol. But I'm very happy with my extra range, range anxiety was my #1 issue even above white interiors.

I wonder if maybe they couldn't have the $35K version ready in time for the tax credit, so this is an attempt to offer what they can now at a lower price point while the tax credit is still viable.
Exactly. In Elon's tweet, he said the MR uses the existing LR battery pack but with a number of cells removed, so it will be available this year. The SR pack (presumably of a different design) won't be available until February. This is a way to allow more US buyers to be able to take advantage of the full credit if the LR price point was out of reach or more than you'd want to pay. Keeping fingers crossed that mine will arrive this year (damn, that means I'll have to fight "delivery hell" at the Fremont Delivery Center at year-end :eek:).

So who got screwed, we early adopters with LR battery and premium interior??
Man, I don't know how you'd reach that conclusion. RWD buyers got a car that no longer exists, at a terrific value relative to what's now available. (RWD got an incremental 50mi of range for an incremental $4k, relative to MR.) This is such an obvious good deal (to me), that what it really highlights is that the 3MR is overpriced for now in an effort to woo some SR line-waiters off the bench before the federal credit falls in value by $3750 on 1/1. Effectively, Tesla is looking to pocket a good chunk of that $3750 by tempting SR people to come along into the MR now. This view is supported by the fact that Tesla is no longer offering RWD LR at all. SR line waiters can scratch the itch by overpaying for MR, and former RWD LR hold-outs will now have to buy up into AWD to achieve their ~310mi range.

This is all really smart of Tesla, and an interesting way to stimulate demand as 12/31 approaches. The next interesting wave of pricing/feature moves will happen as we look ahead into Q1 deliveries. I expected Tesla to pull some demand levers just prior to Sept 30, so I was off by a few weeks, and in no way did I expect a MR to appear out of thin air. No leaks about it either, which is shocking!

As for those saying their model ordered is now a bit less expensive, you always can keep waiting. Elon has said as they ramp up production they are sure the price can come down. How long do you want to wait is the question instead of driving a Model 3 now? Why do people always think in terms of screwed or ripped off? I'll call it the Walmart/Amazon effect where if you don't get something at a rock bottom price, you somehow feel cheated. Sad way to go through life especially when you are already driving a fabulous, like-no-other car.