Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range Rated Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with a MR still getting close to the increased 264 mile rated range at 100% that was updated a couple months ago? I got the update and was able to get 264 for a few weeks, but then about 2 weeks ago it suddenly started only showing 257-258. I know there is degradation and I'm not really to concerned about it, but 6-7 miles over a very short time period seems odd and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this on their MR. Also odd that its basically back to what the car was originally sold with (260). I have 35,000 miles on a Model X that has only lost 1-2 miles on a full charge.

IMG_2929.PNG

Actually for the first time since I have my MR (end of december), I switched it to km from % to check for degradation. So at 94% it was showing 401 km which is about 425 km or 264 miles at 100%. This with 4000 km. So I am pretty happy.
Although I have no idea if the current temperature or the current traffic makes a difference ?
Also the method i used was extrapolating from the current reading at 94%. Not using the graph.

My MR for whatever reason is only getting 212 miles at 90% charge (used to be 235ish). I'm not sure if the most recent update effected me or of it's something else. I reached out to the local service center and they claimed it was a 'known issue' and to keep monitoring over the next few weeks. They are hoping for a firmware fix....

I have 2400 miles total on the battery*

My MR Model 3 is also dropping to about 258 since last week. However, I am thinking it's just the calculation in the car is off. I have switched to % instead of miles so I don't get too bothered by the number shown on the display.

Anyone else with a MR still getting close to the increased 264 mile rated range at 100% that was updated a couple months ago? I got the update and was able to get 264 for a few weeks, but then about 2 weeks ago it suddenly started only showing 257-258. I know there is degradation and I'm not really to concerned about it, but 6-7 miles over a very short time period seems odd and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this on their MR. Also odd that its basically back to what the car was originally sold with (260). I have 35,000 miles on a Model X that has only lost 1-2 miles on a full charge.

View attachment 396455

I am experiencing the exact same thing on my mid-range. However, I would not worry about it too much, that number I am guessing is the BMS prediction. The weather has been warming up and my efficiency has increased quite a bit. This weekend I was able to get 224 wh/mi on 943 mile, all highway road trip going about 70-75 mph with moderate wind... that is about 268 miles of range. Also, with the last update, the car has more zip.

Experiencing the exact same drop. I’ve tried charging to 100% then draining down to 10%. Scheduled a service appointment, that they then cancelled via email and said to trip-charge, then drive down a couple of times. I’m in the middle of it right now and still only getting 255-257 at 100%. ~12.5k miles, mostly charging at home. Has anything worked for y’all getting your range back up? Also, is the rated range shown based on driving habits? Tesla said so, but my average over the last 4k miles is 228 wh/mi. By that logic, my rated range should be higher than 264 right?

Experiencing the exact same drop. I’ve tried charging to 100% then draining down to 10%. Scheduled a service appointment, that they then cancelled via email and said to trip-charge, then drive down a couple of times. I’m in the middle of it right now and still only getting 255-257 at 100%. ~12.5k miles, mostly charging at home. Has anything worked for y’all getting your range back up? Also, is the rated range shown based on driving habits? Tesla said so, but my average over the last 4k miles is 228 wh/mi. By that logic, my rated range should be higher than 264 right?

Very similar situation. Our Mid Range is at 11k miles, we also only got 256 at 100%.