Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooooo shady for them to not disclose up front that white interiors would not be available on the same timeline as black. If it would have said "white interior may add up to 3 weeks to delivery timeline", I would have passed on it. Hope their couple hundred dollars of margin on those is worth pissing half of us off.

Why even offer it if it wasn't ready to go into production right away? Wouldn't you think they'd produce those FIRST since it's a higher margin car?

I'm seeing all these non-reservation orders with order dates after mine in my region getting delivery dates and VINs, and it all comes down to the f'n color of the dashboard strip and seats?!?

Sorry to rant, but it's like they enjoy messing with us by being sooooo unnecessarily opaque with their plans this close to the end of the tax credit.

Did you reply to the initial text? Or to a delivery advisor later?

I never got a text. They emailed me and the email wasn’t from my specific delivery advisor. I had to call the customer service twice for my delivery advisor to reach out to me. And when he did he said it was not a problem at all.

Some more detail: General advisor emailed me I told him I wanted to pick it from sc instead of home delivery. He emailed back saying I will have to tell my specific delivery advisor that and he would reach out to me soon. He didn’t for three days so I called and asked the customer service. They said they would email my delivery advisor to reach out to me. He didn’t reach out for another two days so I emailed the initial guy again saying no one had reached out to me and I got the call from my advisor the same day.

Sooooo shady for them to not disclose up front that white interiors would not be available on the same timeline as black. If it would have said "white interior may add up to 3 weeks to delivery timeline", I would have passed on it. Hope their couple hundred dollars of margin on those is worth pissing half of us off.

Why even offer it if it wasn't ready to go into production right away? Wouldn't you think they'd produce those FIRST since it's a higher margin car?

I'm seeing all these non-reservation orders with order dates after mine in my region getting delivery dates and VINs, and it all comes down to the f'n color of the dashboard strip and seats?!?

Sorry to rant, but it's like they enjoy messing with us by being sooooo unnecessarily opaque with their plans this close to the end of the tax credit.
Where did you get the information about the delay for the white interior? That is what I ordered on Oct 19th, and I have not heard anything

I never got a text. They emailed me and the email wasn’t from my specific delivery advisor. I had to call the customer service twice for my delivery advisor to reach out to me. And when he did he said it was not a problem at all.

Some more detail: General advisor emailed me I told him I wanted to pick it from sc instead of home delivery. He emailed back saying I will have to tell my specific delivery advisor that and he would reach out to me soon. He didn’t for three days so I called and asked the customer service. They said they would email my delivery advisor to reach out to me. He didn’t reach out for another two days so I emailed the initial guy again saying no one had reached out to me and I got the call from my advisor the same day.
lol fun,

I dont even have a general advisor and didnt get an email so i guess i'll wait a couple days and then call the customer service number.

Where did you get the information about the delay for the white interior? That is what I ordered on Oct 19th, and I have not heard anything
Its nothing that has been announced. Its just that NO White Interior Mid Range has been delivered to anyone, so either they are having a problem sourcing the material, or they are just doing all the all black interior first. It looks to be about 20% of the orders on the tracker, so not a large volume so maybe why that is why they don't seem to care as much about them.

Its nothing that has been announced. Its just that NO White Interior Mid Range has been delivered to anyone, so either they are having a problem sourcing the material, or they are just doing all the all black interior first. It looks to be about 20% of the orders on the tracker, so not a large volume so maybe why that is why they don't seem to care as much about them.
That really sucks that we have to wait longer for something that we paid extra for. The priority seems a little out of wack!!

I'm just going by the fact that only one person has reported a delivery date with a white interior MR on the Teslike tracking spreadsheet, and 86 people have reported them for black interiors.

I'm assuming the one who reported his date ( @Pbbjr ) is receiving one of the initial test build vehicles, much like we believe Ivan801 did with his black interior when he received his VIN just 11 days after they started taking orders.

I disagree that it is shady. All companies do this sort of thing. They may not have even known they were going to have delivery issues at the time.

Based upon Elon's tweet (which is our only source of information at this point), you WILL get your car before the end of the year.

You just perfectly described said info about the white interior delay. 100% of us that have ordered white interior on the MR3 have heard exactly zilch :( Ever since Elon tweeted about the availability of the MR option, 100% of all MR 3s produced and delivered (that we know of) have had black interiors. So many of us may have made a different decision if we knew in advance that white interiors wouldn't even begin production for a month or more from order... (e.g., order black interior, save a grand, already be driving and enjoying our new MR with full tax credit and zero worry that weather or other events delay our delivery by NYE). In the past week I've been rethinking my 3 purchase altogether and am likely switching back to a fully loaded used S for less than my net cost of the 3. Most people who buy expensive cars aren't appreciating the radio silence from Tesla. Those of us current and former Tesla owners are a bit used to waiting, but eventually Tesla's lack of good customer service is going to hurt the company severely (for example, when its near-term competitors have their 2019/2020 EV models at local dealerships for an immediate test drive and purchase). Tesla has had a huge moat to date as the only pure EV option, but that's changing.

Reactions: V__2
I disagree that it is shady. All companies do this sort of thing. They may not have even known they were going to have delivery issues at the time.

Based upon Elon's tweet (which is our only source of information at this point), you WILL get your car before the end of the year.

I am not sure it is totally delivery issues. I think its choice. The white interior performance models are being delivered without issue or delay.

I reiterate that it IS shady, because of the complete lack of communication in the month since. I don't believe they're trying to screw us out of the tax credit or anything (because there's no benefit to them in doing that), but I DO believe that they believe in their own brand strength so much that they believe that they don't need to update us, because we want their product so much we'll just eat it. For the most part that's true, but I don't think you can look at their customer service when it comes to this aspect of their business and blame anyone for not exactly being thrilled with how they handle it. Again, a simple disclosure would have allowed us to make informed decisions when configuring the most expensive car most of us have ever ordered.

As for us getting the car by year end, I fully believe that they'll do everything they can, but unforseen circumstances like wildfires, weather and holiday-based shipping delays have the very real potential to take that control out of their hands.

I really don't feel entitled to anything despite my frustrated ranting. It's just that to some of us, the only way this car makes sense is with the funds from the tax credit being freed up by reducing the check we write to uncle sam in January being reduced by $7,500. If they can't make it happen, I'll just cancel my order (after attempting to get matched with a similarly priced inventory car), continue to save up, and buy the SR a year from now with little to no credit.

Other companies may do the same thing (typically on products <100x less expensive), but it doesn't excuse them from doing it the same crappy way. Just saying...

So no ruining anyone’s day then ?

if this is the case, then it’s fine. They’ve been allowing additional white interior orders and still promising Dec delivery. I just hope they deliver or I would be greatly disappointed. I’d also ask for free EAP to make up for the lost tax credit.

Hi. I placed it that day they opened the mid-range, maybe an hour or so after it hit the web. I was a pre-reveal reservation holder. My car was delivered on Friday and love it! :)

It'd be nice if more TX folks were listed on the tracking spreadsheet. Only 27 for MR that I could see. That way we can get a better sense of activity.

But nevertheless it's good that some of TX is starting to get some LeMR love. Glad you're enjoying it thus far.

What is the point of this rant? Tesla makes 100% of their own interiors and they have the option to make 100% black seats or 100% white seats on any given day. If they so choose, they can fabricate white seats for the next 4 months straight. They have been offering white interiors on their vehicles for at least 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure why you feel this is a problem for them. Are you a day 1 reservation holder who has been waiting on your MR car for the last 1,000 days? You can verify that you put your deposit down in 3/31/2016 for an MR that didn't exist and now you are venting about a production correlation you cannot prove exists ?

Also, why are you incorrectly claiming in your other rant that you lose $7,500 at year end? It goes to $3,750 not $0 at year end.

You are aware that you ordered a vehicle configuration that had NEVER been produced right? With a battery pack that had NEVER been fabricated.... with a drivetrain or parts that are NOT in any other existing model currently right.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig getting the first beta models of the MR anyway. Wouldn't you prefer the factory workers making $15 or $20/hour train on a few other cars before they do yours ?

Just to make your battery pack work, someone has to code an entirely new fork in the battery management software, vet it, test it and get it ready for production. Literally speaking, this is more detailed work than your local hospital setting your arm bone when it is fractured.

If you have a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement that says you will get your MR with white seats, you will get your MR with white seats. It seems to me that the cars "available" are mostly AWD or AWD performance with white interior that have been produced in "spec" batches for inventory and placed around the country. Everything else appears to be custom ordered.

I suspect Tesla probably received 100,000 overseas reservations in the past week alone. They are doing everyone in the USA a 'favor' by not just selling high margin cars overseas.

• Love
Reactions: rjdoc74 and eloder