Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery 10/21 - delivery was excellent, no cosmetic or performance issues, took about 15 minutes for paperwork and 15 minutes for a walkaround. Delivery guy let me do my checklist. Was prompted to run a software update, which I did once I got back to work.

Let me know if you all have any questions! Happy to help a thread that helped me get through the waiting period!

For those of you coming from an ICE car, and this being your first EV, I can give some feedback:

I'm coming from a 2015 Mazda6 - A perfectly fine commuter car of reasonable size. The Model 3 feels about the same size, inside and out. My two car seats from the Mazda6 fit right into the back of the Model 3 without issue. In this thread, I saw some early concerns about performance after someone else took initial delivery: don't believe it. For those who have no EV experience and are coming from a <$30k vehicle, the Model 3 is a dream to drive. Great response, AMAZING pickup from 20-40mph and onward. I've put about 200 miles on it from delivery (mostly during Thanksgiving) and have loved all of it.

The frunk is smaller than I thought, but seeing as it's "new" space, I can't complain. Only being able to open it from your phone (or within the car) means it will likely get limited use, but it fit a Pack 'n Play perfectly.

We're in the early parts of our EAP trial (did NOT get it at the time of purchase) and it's nice! Will probably pull the trigger on that next year.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe and alloverx
Ordered 10/20
No reservation
Non owner
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Enhanced

View attachment 353880 View attachment 353882

I have exactly the same specs, also no reservation/non-owner.

Ordered on 11/7 in Miami, the car was ready to be picked up on 11/17 (obviously means that either someone cancelled, or they pre-ship popular configurations). Picked up on 11/24. The delivery process was quick and painless, about 10 minutes of paperwork, and 30 minutes of orientation.

I took delivery 10/21 - delivery was excellent, no cosmetic or performance issues, took about 15 minutes for paperwork and 15 minutes for a walkaround. Delivery guy let me do my checklist. Was prompted to run a software update, which I did once I got back to work.

Let me know if you all have any questions! Happy to help a thread that helped me get through the waiting period!
Congratulations! Have you charged using an HPWC? If yes, what is the charge rate?

Order Date: 10/20/2018 - no prior reservation
Model: M3 MR RWD
Color: Black on Black
Customization: 19" wheels
Delivery Date: 12/7/2018

I am financing this car, can someone help me how to get a purchase agreement? My Tesla advisor is not responding may be due to holidays but wanted to check I can get that from the website?

Order Date: 10/20/2018 - no prior reservation
Model: M3 MR RWD
Color: Black on Black
Customization: 19" wheels
Delivery Date: 12/7/2018

I am financing this car, can someone help me how to get a purchase agreement? My Tesla advisor is not responding may be due to holidays but wanted to check I can get that from the website?

Tesla financing or 3rd party? If it’s Tesla finance you just show up day of delivery and sign for the loan.

3rd party you need to bug the hell out of your adviser and autofinance at Tesla.

Just FYI for you all still considering upgrading to LR RWD... my persistence with my OA came through today, he found a LR RWD MSM black Aero EAP for me today and changed my order accordingly (previously I had an MR on order with the same options) I wasn’t too annoying about it, I stopped by the local service center once a week to check in with him. My order page has already updated with the new specs and am expecting to get a delivery date sometime this week.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know there are still some LR RWD out there that come and go, check with your OA, good luck!

EDIT: just got my delivery date text/email about 30 min after my post above. It’s 12/6

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
I would recommend you make a post in the main Model 3 forum about how to do 3rd party financing in Texas. Others who have gone through the same might have useful advice.

It was a pain to do even in CA. :(
I am from Far North Dallas so I can relate.

You should go to a Credit Union/Bank and apply for a loan. They should approve it up front based on your credit rating, even without VIN.
Put that information in your Account. Based on your Loan amount, the website will reflect your down payment.
Go ahead and do a Bank Transfer and pay that amount.
Within hours, I had my MVPA with VIN number.
Take that MVPA and complete the loan with the CU/Bank.

My DA sent me good next step instruction at each stage.

My DA was Chris W. He is a Texas Specific DA and knows the process. He was really responsive.

Let me know if you need more information

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
Changed my payment type to cash and the edit button disappeared immediately. So maybe things will move a bit from here. Did edit my color just last week so not holding out for Monday contact or anything...but hoping.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Did your VIN already show up after you switched to Cash? I know lots of people on this forum re-iterated changing back and forth between cash and finance really doesn't make a difference, and that TX had a weird quirk where the overview pop up still shows "Order", yet wording on the page says Prepare for delivery.

Originally ordered 10/21 from the Fremont location, changed color to Metallic Blue, Black interior, 18” Aero, EAP. Changed it again to Black/White interior on 10/26. No vin yet.

After seeing a few people post here about LE RWD availability in Bay Area, I called up my sales advisor and they found a Blue with Black interior, Aero wheels. So I went ahead and changed it to LR RWD. The account shows the price as $72700 but the build details shows the correct things. The price should be $55500 I think. I also haven’t seen the order agreement update. That still shows the MR.

I think I spoke too soon. Right now it shows up as LR RWD if I click on the “View build details” link. However the total price shows up as $72,700. Edit Design button is still there and if I go in, it shows $55,500 as the total price which is correct I think. The Order Agreement has still not been updated and it shows the old MR with $53,700 as the total price (52,500 + 1200). I talked to the Sales Advisor and he said he does not know what’s going on and is talking to Operations folks. Has anyone seen this before?

I am from Far North Dallas so I can relate.

You should go to a Credit Union/Bank and apply for a loan. They should approve it up front based on your credit rating, even without VIN.
Put that information in your Account. Based on your Loan amount, the website will reflect your down payment.
Go ahead and do a Bank Transfer and pay that amount.
Within hours, I had my MVPA with VIN number.
Take that MVPA and complete the loan with the CU/Bank.

My DA sent me good next step instruction at each stage.

My DA was Chris W. He is a Texas Specific DA and knows the process. He was really responsive.

Let me know if you need more information
Thanks for your note. I was already pre-approved and initiated the bank transfer Wednesday, the amount is not deducted yet, so maybe he is waiting for that trnx to complete. Hopefully, things will speed up after Thanksgiving weekend.

Did your VIN already show up after you switched to Cash? I know lots of people on this forum re-iterated changing back and forth between cash and finance really doesn't make a difference, and that TX had a weird quirk where the overview pop up still shows "Order", yet wording on the page says Prepare for delivery.

No VIN then and still none. I did change the color on the 11/18 so know that I may have started over with my wait time. I saw a post that said to put pay with cash but still able to use 3rd party financing. So I did that. Will apply for financing on 12/02 as many approvals are only good for 30 days.

iRng8yT
Hj5sGMt
I ran across some of your cars in transit yesterday. You lucky folks!

Still waiting on word for mine. White, Black interior, Aero, EAP, SoCal