Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The horror story we have been reading on here just happened to me as well.

- I received the text last week saying to expect delivery between 12/9 - 12/15. Then on Sunday my delivery appointment appeared on my account as the morning of December 13th.
- I called the delivery center to ask to have the delivery in the afternoon instead. They said they would tell my delivery advisor to contact me to do this and that he/she would be in touch soon.
- Today it was 24 hours until my delivery appointment so I called customer service to ask why I still didn't have the contract or the VIN showing up on my account and why the delivery advisor hasn't contacted me yet. They informed me that there was no car matched to me in the area yet and that this delivery date shouldn't have been assigned.

I ordered on 10/22 Black/Black no EAP 18' aero standard build and now I am getting concerned that the delivery promised before the end of the year might not actually happen even though I ordered almost 2 months ago and live in the same state as the Tesla factory (I am located in Los Angeles).

Same happened to me. Same delivery window, same configuration. Also in LA area.

Same happened to me. Same delivery window, same configuration. Also in LA area.

Interesting. I have the same story, but I have a VIN(well, I have it, but it is not on website anymore because my delivery date is more than 7 days out).

At some point today, I now have a next action to submit my payment. IE, they want me to give them money. That will most definitely not happen until I feel confident that the car is actually in Raleigh.

My delivery has been scheduled for tomorrow, 8am. After numerous call and emails, they were finally able to upload my MVPA around 2pm today. That left me about 3 hours to open an account, do all the paperwork, and secure loan with my CU, which is about 2 hrs of driving away from my home.
Still can't believe I went from messed up Tesla account -- sounded like they ignored all my changes after initial application for a loan with them -- to being ready for delivery, all within a day, but apparently it's possible :)

Just keep bugging your IDA(s) until they do complete their part, especially if you feel you're running late with your financing.

While it seemed I had more time at first, due to delays / errors from Tesla a lot of things needed to, and happened, all at the same time, just a day before delivery. These folks have is hard right now, I try to be understanding but jeez...

Pretty sure I would NEVER EVER put up with all this headache but for a Tesla car. Most likely after December things will ease up for their teams and the "rush hour" handling we have had for a month already and till year end will be over.

I didn't get any more contact from Tesla, but my account online was updated with a delivery of 12/15 at my house. I'd prefer to pick it up from the delivery center that's like 2 miles from my house. Would I just call the main Tesla number to request this change?
As of yesterday, I had no VIN or any new update, even though my scheduled delivery date was 12/15 on my account page. I wanted to change the delivery location to my local delivery center, so I called the main Tesla number. I talked to someone and they said changing to the delivery center was no problem, and was able to give me an earlier delivery time that day as well. I confirmed with them that I still did not have a VIN. I also asked if I could maybe take delivery one day earlier, and after being on hold for a bit, he said 12/15 was the earliest they could do.

Like 30 minutes later I got a text and email confirming this delivery location and time change.

Today, my account updated with a VIN and I made my final payment! So excited! :)

Reactions: Jivas and Andy86700
Should I be worried that I have a VIN (got 1 week ago), a delivery date for this Sunday, and when I went by the Tesla lot today looking for my VIN, my car isn't there yet? How quick is their turn-around for arriving cars? (The lot was absolutely packed.)

Well I know the Tesla Club of Southern Arizona is assisting the Tempe store this weekend for delivery. So it wouldn't surprise me if delivery centers are receiving as many cars as they are pushing out each day. Ice read some may have had such a full parking lot that an owner found his car the day before appointment and that it "appeared to have been there a couple days.". So it could be either scenario. I'm too far from my Delivery center to check. But my MVPA states vehicle will arrive on the 17th (Same day as my appointment)

Should I be worried that I have a VIN (got 1 week ago), a delivery date for this Sunday, and when I went by the Tesla lot today looking for my VIN, my car isn't there yet? How quick is their turn-around for arriving cars? (The lot was absolutely packed.)

Probably. I got a call today because my car is now scheduled to arrive after my delivery date, so they had to move my date, even though I got a confirmed delivery appointment email this morning.

As of yesterday, I had no VIN or any new update, even though my scheduled delivery date was 12/15 on my account page. I wanted to change the delivery location to my local delivery center, so I called the main Tesla number. I talked to someone and they said changing to the delivery center was no problem, and was able to give me an earlier delivery time that day as well. I confirmed with them that I still did not have a VIN. I also asked if I could maybe take delivery one day earlier, and after being on hold for a bit, he said 12/15 was the earliest they could do.

Like 30 minutes later I got a text and email confirming this delivery location and time change.

Today, my account updated with a VIN and I made my final payment! So excited! :)
Now my VIN is gone, is that a bad sign?

Probably. I got a call today because my car is now scheduled to arrive after my delivery date, so they had to move my date, even though I got a confirmed delivery appointment email this morning.
I actually spoke with Tesla (888 number) and they informed me that my vehicle was set to arrive tomorrow in Tempe and asked if I wanted to move my delivery date from the 17th to the 16th. Unfortunately, I am unable to due to extenuating circumstances. Your case was my biggest fear as I am driving 180+ miles to take delivery of my 3 as I wanted to be there with the SvC personnel and DA in case any blemishes or problems arose that could be documented... Hopefully it gets worked out for you and you take delivery soon.

Jealous of all the delivery dates everyone is getting, I ordered mine in Vancouver on October 20th with 6-10 week delivery time I’m only just over 7 and a half weeks but haven’t heard anything yet. I called to double check they have all my info correct and uploaded. Good to see lots of people are getting their cars already I’m hoping I have a date assigned next week with pickup the week after.

I keep got 2x NEMA 14-50’s installed on separate 50amp breakers. Charges mid-range at 32amps which is equivalent to 30mp range without problem. Sometimes it will start slow due to cold battery but picks up quick.

I always keep my car outside so I installed one inside and another outside. Frankly it’s overkill to spend $500 on Tesla Wall Connector for mid range. Technically I can get one for 50% off given state rebates on L2 equipment charging.

MR unlike LR is limited to 32AMP max (40 amp circuit breaker).
I dont see a reason to buy the home charger for MR
The horror story we have been reading on here just happened to me as well.

- I received the text last week saying to expect delivery between 12/9 - 12/15. Then on Sunday my delivery appointment appeared on my account as the morning of December 13th.
- I called the delivery center to ask to have the delivery in the afternoon instead. They said they would tell my delivery advisor to contact me to do this and that he/she would be in touch soon.
- Today it was 24 hours until my delivery appointment so I called customer service to ask why I still didn't have the contract or the VIN showing up on my account and why the delivery advisor hasn't contacted me yet. They informed me that there was no car matched to me in the area yet and that this delivery date shouldn't have been assigned.

I ordered on 10/22 Black/Black no EAP 18' aero standard build and now I am getting concerned that the delivery promised before the end of the year might not actually happen even though I ordered almost 2 months ago and live in the same state as the Tesla factory (I am located in Los Angeles).

Thats lame.

I have an online reservation since 4/2/16 and placed the order on 10/19. They have no shame..

Reactions: rmontoya
You VIN disappears if the delivery date is more than 5-7 days away from the current date (ie today, 12 Dec 2018). And it only disappears once a delivery date has been scheduled, which means if it did disappear, its like I mentioned and its more than 5-7 days out.
Ahh okay. Even though my delivery is scheduled for 12/15 on my account, since my VIN appeared then disappeared today, it is likely more than 5-7 days out?

Ahh okay. Even though my delivery is scheduled for 12/15 on my account, since my VIN appeared then disappeared today, it is likely more than 5-7 days out?

Well, the website has been having technical issues today. At one point, it treated my account as if I had just placed the $2,500 deposit... As long as your VIN is on the MVPA, that's what matters. You could also try reaching out to your DA to verify for peace of mind.

Reactions: CheeseJam
Seeing this in my account, but no VIN. I assume I want to wait until the DA reaches out with the purchase paperwork so they know how much my loan is for so I can submit the final payment for the difference?
Capture1.PNG