Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The website says to “please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery” I am able to wait till I see the car right?

I had paid the night before, so it hadn't yet reflected payment in their system and he asked for it. My DA didn't even want to see the payment receipt or double check payment--he said that it wouldn't be his problem if I never paid. Of course the contract language addresses such a particular situation :)

You can safely bring a cashier's check to a home delivery.

Took delivery yesterday, MSM, White Int, 19" wheels and EAP. Used the handy checklist made available on this site and everything checked out perfectly except I couldn't get the drivers side mirror to adjust left to right. It worked up/down, re-booted and no luck. Since the car had an update for 2018.41, it fixed the mirror issue. I drove away without any issues including panel gaps, paint job etc. After reading threads on other issues new owners faced, the checklist really helped. I turned in my Model S and as much as I loved it, do not miss it after driving the Model 3. Man, this is a fun car.

It’s lighter and more nimble as reported by other owners who switched. Fun to drive.

I have both an S and a midrange 3. I definitely tell the difference between them and “lighter and more nimble” is very accurate. Looking out the front, I love the 3’s more expansive view. Looking out the back, I prefer my S’s view as with my seat position, I cannot see but the roofs of cars behind me vs. a decently clear view. And I prefer the scroll wheels in the S, but it is by no means bad on the 3. And I’ve found I prefer the turn stalk on the 3 than that on the S. The big dilemma is when I step out, which one do I take?! :)

I have both an S and a midrange 3. I definitely tell the difference between them and “lighter and more nimble” is very accurate. Looking out the front, I love the 3’s more expansive view. Looking out the back, I prefer my S’s view as with my seat position, I cannot see but the roofs of cars behind me vs. a decently clear view. And I prefer the scroll wheels in the S, but it is by no means bad on the 3. And I’ve found I prefer the turn stalk on the 3 than that on the S. The big dilemma is when I step out, which one do I take?! :)

I agree. The scroll wheel is slightly different but the one feature I miss a little is the ability to scroll and change the temperature and the fan speed. I wonder why the 3 doesn’t have this option?

• Love
Reactions: Cyclone
My delivery is today and I happen to get a text from Tesla that they will match any lender's rate. Wish I would have known so that I didn't deal with the credit union. Their communication strategy needs some work.

Totally agree....I got the same text the day before I was scheduled for pickup. Way too late in the process to stand much of a chance getting folks to convert (we already had the wire transfer scheduled to go!), but I would have given it serious consideration a week or so earlier...

After a set and missed delivery date, some mind boggling excuses from Tesla, I finally have a VIN today for a 12/21 delivery. We'll see if they come through. All texts pre-12/14 have been a cluter. Everything since has been ok with correct delivery appt details, but my Tesla account only shows the correct time. The location shows "Delivery Appointment at ##place##" o_O

Seems they are still having trouble getting everyone marching to the same beat.

Received our VIN tonight for delivery on 12/19! Was trying to patiently wait until tomorrow before calling to ask, but it looks like our patience paid off! Now the scramble to get everything ready for Wednesday. :)

@vtec26 our account has that weird ##place## as well where it originally had the service center address. I might call tomorrow just to confirm, especially since we had switched from home delivery.

Reactions: Jivas
Does anyone know the process to change financing last minute? Taking delivery on Tuesday and found a lower rate than Tesla so want to change from Tesla to 3rd party.

Just notify your Delivery Advisor (Vegas one, not local if possible) to have them update it and generate a new MVPA, or proceed with it and have the new lender refinance the Tesla loan after delivery.

Took delivery yesterday, MSM, White Int, 19" wheels and EAP. Used the handy checklist made available on this site and everything checked out perfectly except I couldn't get the drivers side mirror to adjust left to right. It worked up/down, re-booted and no luck. Since the car had an update for 2018.41, it fixed the mirror issue. I drove away without any issues including panel gaps, paint job etc. After reading threads on other issues new owners faced, the checklist really helped. I turned in my Model S and as much as I loved it, do not miss it after driving the Model 3. Man, this is a fun car.

Congrats! Can you or if someone please share the checklist? Thanks