Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I've noticed after having the car for a day is that the doors require a more force or technique to close properly. Very often when me or my family closes the door, the car display shows that a door is open. And we need to give it another try with some more force. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Tesla.
Common problem. I asked the service tech at delivery and he said it was normal. It does get much easier over time. I've had mine for 9 days now and it only happens on 1 door (instead of all 4 like it used to).

So my account is saying I have a delivery date of 12/28 and I have a VIN so I hope it’s actually confirmed. I noticed that it says a $15,000 deposit was made on my account which reduced my total amount due, but I definitely did not do this. I checked my bank account and debit/credit cards to confirm this. Has anyone else noticed this occurring on their account or know why this might have happened?

if you are financing part of the purchase - the contract you get shows the just the cash balance due (not the finance amount)- even if it is third party finance that you need to bring the check for (or otherwise transfer) to Tesla ... at least in my case

Success! I arrived about 20 minutes early for my appointment at the San Diego distribution center and was told the car was in final detailing. I signed the papers, they topped off the charge, gave me the rundown on the car and we were off. It probably took all of 15 minutes from the time my appointment actually began.

From what I can tell I’ve got a nearly pristine Midnight Silver Model 3 Mid Range, built 12/2018. I’ve definitely noticed there’s extra force required to shut the doors compared to other cars I’ve owned. The sound system is excellent, and the ride is smooth and silent, which I was worried about after reading some reviewers complain about road noise and/or harsh ride. The car is plenty powerful and quick. Not face-melting quick but everything I wanted and more. (It’s hard to believe that this is the SLOWEST Tesla!)

To my relief, the initial cosmetic quality seems to be really good. I’m not planning to take calipers to the panel gaps but they look entirely acceptable to my critical eye. I did find an ultra-minor blip in the paint on the rear deck lid that is only visible when the light hits it just so. In fact, when I tried to show it to my wife later on I was completely unable to find it. Aside from that everything looks great.

I even found a Model 3 scale model in the storage bin, which I thought was only for early reservation holders. Very cool!
02FE211D-874F-4671-9B8E-0060F933978D.jpeg

I got my model 3 mid-range at the end of October, and if there is one thing I learned that I would share on this forum is that if you don't like the answer you are getting, ask someone else. I found a couple of employees that were responding and helping, and I worked with them.

As an example, I tried to apply my friend's referral code to get free supercharging. After emailing Tesla, sending a message through secure web site, calling 800 number, it still was not applied. I was almost ready to give up, but then I contacted one employee who has been very helpful and an hour later all was resolved.

The point is, if you are stuck, try to "go around" the bottleneck. It will save you a lot of time and frustration. Tesla bottlenecks are like real brick walls. For example, I noticed someone on this forum tried to get a response from delivery team about repairing defects noted at delivery. I would just make an appointment at SC and take it from there. Or you can even drive by the SC if you are not too far away. I know they will probably tell you at delivery that SC will contact you, but you may die of old age before that happens.

• Informative
Reactions: xygyn
One thing I've noticed after having the car for a day is that the doors require a more force or technique to close properly. Very often when me or my family closes the door, the car display shows that a door is open. And we need to give it another try with some more force. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Tesla.

A few months back Tesla replaces the door seal on my S and it was the same, requiring extra force to close compared to before. About two months later, it didn’t need that again. Remember that these cars are days to weeks old, so just give it time and it will likely no longer need as much force. My MR 3 already requires less than when I first got it, for the driver’s door at least.

For example, I noticed someone on this forum tried to get a response from delivery team about repairing defects noted at delivery. I would just make an appointment at SC and take it from there. Or you can even drive by the SC if you are not too far away. I know they will probably tell you at delivery that SC will contact you, but you may die of old age before that happens.

You may be referring to my post about 4 pages back. My SvC knows me very well and would eventually do that. I just haven’t worried about it with the holidays as it’s nothing that’s preventing me from driving the car.

Reactions: Olds442
You may be referring to my post about 4 pages back. My SvC knows me very well and would eventually do that. I just haven’t worried about it with the holidays as it’s nothing that’s preventing me from driving the car.
i'm in the same boat, emailed them a couple times about the small chip i have on my front bumper, but am going in with my classic p85 for annual service jan 2, so i'll get it then. my experiences with tesla service have been fine, they've always fixed everything so i'm not really concerned.

Reactions: Cyclone
Successful delivery today! Really, except for my lack of patience while waiting, the whole process from ordering to financing/trade-in to delivery was totally smooth. I understand that a lot of folks had negative experiences, and I empathize with them, but I wanted to make sure to share my own experience.

My biggest problem now is coming up with excuses to drive places. :)

Attachments

• 9F064D66-62BB-494E-AA38-489E7D0CDBDA.jpeg
    9F064D66-62BB-494E-AA38-489E7D0CDBDA.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Good to see folks getting their cars and being happy, hope it's a good sign for the rest of us!

I am scheduled for 29th delivery in Seattle, but I only know that because I saw the date in my online account and emailed Tesla customer support to confirm. I've still never received a text message from anyone, never heard from a delivery team, never been contacted by a deliver adviser (despite knowing his name and asking to be put in touch with him multiple times, it's never happened). So...I am very interested to see how this is going to go on the day.

To make matters a little weirder, my car is a inventory pick because I switched last week to a car they had in inventory just to try and ensure that the delivery date would hold or perhaps be moved up (no luck there).I'm a bit worried that it's already coming close to 48 hours before delivery and no-one has proactively contacted me to confirm. I'll give them a call on 28th if there is no news so that I have time to panic and run to the store on 29th to do a power of attorney / absent delivery arrangement if they have screwed something up before I travel.

Anyone else in WA/Seattle got a delivery date around 12/29 and were you contacted by anyone to confirm delivery yet?

Well, did not get the car since it was still on the truck, maybe stuck somewhere in the traffic. So we drove to service center and signed papers. Have them dmv power of attorney form and left for our vacation, hopefully when we come back next year, our car is in the driveway

Was it easy? and did they handle it entirely in the store or did you have to run around to Store/DMV/notary etc to get this all done? I'm planning for the worst on my end, and hoping for the best ;)

Well, I was scheduled for a home delivery today in Raleigh. Less than 2 hours before my appointment time, they called( the first time I've actually heard from someone in Raleigh), to tell me that it was a "mistake" that I was scheduled for a home delivery. I have to come pick it up. That is not a big deal in reality, but it just shows the lack of communication on Tesla's part. I'm now scheduled to go pick it up at noon. I've already seen the car(I checked in on it yesterday), so I expect it to go fine otherwise.

Reactions: SMAlset