Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just clicked...

Black, White interior, Aero , No EAP

Savings (I almost jumped at AWD several
Times, Upgraded Wheels and White) cancel all those and give me bare bones $$$

Am I crazy , if I don’t get the $7.5k I may just walk away and lose the $2.5. This is by no means a need purchaseZ

Last edited:
Am I crazy , if I don’t get the $7.5k I may just walk away and lose the $2.5. This is by no means a need purchaseZ

Did they take away the "cancel anytime and get refund before a vehicle is assigned"? I know when my friend ordered last month, he was planning to cancel and get the $2.5K back if by beginning of Dec he didn't hear anything. Turns with Oct - Dec date, he got the car in a few weeks.

Did they take away the "cancel anytime and get refund before a vehicle is assigned"? I know when my friend ordered last month, he was planning to cancel and get the $2.5K back if by beginning of Dec he didn't hear anything. Turns with Oct - Dec date, he got the car in a few weeks.
No that's still the case. But if you get a delivery date at the end of December, that will cut it very close. How many times have delivery dates been rescheduled?

I had an order on Monday night for LR RWD. Downgraded it today to MR RWD and added the white interior.

MSM, White interior, Sport, EAP

We're in almost the same boat! I reserved my black, aero, EAP LR in the wee hours Monday morning and was happy as a clam to get it in a month.

Then Elon tweeted.

So after talking to support shortly after it was announced, I converted it to a pearl white, white interior, 19" sport wheels MR. I'm happy to give up the 50/mi of range to get a more attractive looking car. Probably wouldn't have bothered if they would have offered the white interior on the long range at the same time.

The ~6-10 weeks (especially the ~) makes me nervous, but I'm hoping that me being a reservation holder (albeit a late one, Apr 2018), plus the trim upgrades I selected will put me safely in that range to still get the $7.5k tax credit, because that's why I ultimately pulled the trigger on the LR when they "guaranteed" delivery if ordered by Oct. 15. There were 10 weeks and 4 days left in the year when they added the ~6-10 weeks.

Still, I'm wondering if being in Indiana might hurt me. Considering asking for a Fremont pickup, flying out there, and visiting family & friends on my way home.

Anyone think picking it up in Fremont will greatly increase 2018 delivery chances?

We're in almost the same boat! I reserved my black, aero, EAP LR in the wee hours Monday morning and was happy as a clam to get it in a month.

Then Elon tweeted.

So after talking to support shortly after it was announced, I converted it to a pearl white, white interior, 19" sport wheels MR. I'm happy to give up the 50/mi of range to get a more attractive looking car. Probably wouldn't have bothered if they would have offered the white interior on the long range at the same time.

The ~6-10 weeks (especially the ~) makes me nervous, but I'm hoping that me being a reservation holder (albeit a late one, Apr 2018), plus the trim upgrades I selected will put me safely in that range to still get the $7.5k tax credit, because that's why I ultimately pulled the trigger on the LR when they "guaranteed" delivery if ordered by Oct. 15. There were 10 weeks and 4 days left in the year when they added the ~6-10 weeks.

Still, I'm wondering if being in Indiana might hurt me. Considering asking for a Fremont pickup, flying out there, and visiting family & friends on my way home.

Anyone think picking it up in Fremont will greatly increase 2018 delivery chances?

Folks in the Bay Area have been receiving LR RWD in less than 10 days. So it definitely helps to pick up in Fremont.

Did they update the order details in your Tesla account? I went to the showroom for the order change, but the order on my Tesla account still hasn’t updated.

Folks in the Bay Area have been receiving LR RWD in less than 10 days. So it definitely helps to pick up in Fremont.

Just researched the full tax implications. Would cost me an extra $1,400 in sales tax, plus plane tickets ($400-$500) for my GF and I and 2 hotels on the way home ($200). Supercharing would be completely free now that they're giving MR buyers 6 months free(!), but now we're looking at $2,100 in costs to try and save $3,750 that I might get anyway by just sticking with the plan to pick it up in Indianapolis. Road trip would be fun, but not enough of a reason. Maybe I can pick it up in Las Vegas where we have family to stay with? Would think that would be quicker delivery than Indy...I have no idea what I should do lol.

Did they update the order details in your Tesla account? I went to the showroom for the order change, but the order on my Tesla account still hasn’t updated.

I used the backdoor link to edit it (after replying to email from Service the night before that was supposed to generate the change if I decided to go through with it). That changed it right away. I assume when someone gets around to changing it based on the email response, they will see it's already been done and move on. I hope.

Once you do that and it shows the new car, let me know if you have an estimated delivery date on the page. Mine has a blank space above the paragraph, and the html code for that part of the pages says

"DeliveryEstimateDate":null,"DefaultDateAndTime":"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

There's also reference to the Indianapolis delivery center I originally selected and its address in the code that is hidden on the actual page.

Does anyone else who has ordered a MR have an estimated delivery date on their account page?