Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Middle of Police Chase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming back from a doctor's appt. caught in the middle of a police chase. Didn't think about it, but when I told my wife she said to pull the footage. Played back the front, right side and back camera and how lucky I was not to get hit by the bad guy and Dallas PD and Sheriff vehicles. Also, I have a Blackvue front/rear camera and very interesting watching it and how many cars would not get out of the way of the police. The Blackvue footage is very good and the Tesla cams are pretty darn good.

Ok, lost the Tesla video, but the Blackvue records to the cloud, so able to show forward and rear view of the chase. Posted on YouTube . I didn't realize to now that my rear camera was up side down. Also, decided from now on to carry my gun in the cup holder instead of in the glove box.
Please dont make that mistake (carrying gun in cup holder). For obvious reasons I think that is a bad idea for anyone. Including myself, who is in law enforcement.

Ok, lost the Tesla video, but the Blackvue records to the cloud, so able to show forward and rear view of the chase. Posted on YouTube . I didn't realize to now that my rear camera was up side down. Also, decided from now on to carry my gun in the cup holder instead of in the glove box.
Check texas law about where your gun can be in your vehicle. When I lived there I was told by law enforcement that I had to keep it in the glove box and not out in the open if it wasnt on my person.

Coming back from a doctor's appt. caught in the middle of a police chase. Didn't think about it, but when I told my wife she said to pull the footage. Played back the front, right side and back camera and how lucky I was not to get hit by the bad guy and Dallas PD and Sheriff vehicles. Also, I have a Blackvue front/rear camera and very interesting watching it and how many cars would not get out of the way of the police. The Blackvue footage is very good and the Tesla cams are pretty darn good.
Just a few days ago, I pulled over for an ambulance coming by, and a huge pickup tried to block me from pulling over, as if I was doing something wrong. They must be from monarchies where people dying for no good reason is expected. Thank God most people here aren't pro-monarchy.

Last edited:
Just a few days ago, I pulled over for an ambulance coming by, and a huge pickup tried to block me from pulling over, as if I was doing something wrong. They must be from monarchies where people dying for no good reason is expected. Thank God most people here aren't pro-monarchy.
Thank you, my late brother was a Paramedic for 32 years and saved many lives in his career. I still choke up when I see a unit running code. Remember, when you see them "hauling it" down the highway someone is having a worse day than you and we all should be thankful it's not us in the back of the unit.

Thank you, my late brother was a Paramedic for 32 years and saved many lives in his career. I still choke up when I see a unit running code. Remember, when you see them "hauling it" down the highway someone is having a worse day than you and we all should be thankful it's not us in the back of the unit.

That funny, because that's exactly what I think when I see EMTs rushing to or from an accident.

Reactions: ReddykwRun
Should submit the clip to Blackboxmycar and enter their monthly dashcam footage contest

Monthly Video Contest
Ever since a trucker got out of his truck and came towards me at a stop light, and he was pissed, said I cut him off, which I did not. But he was ready to punch my lights out and I was in a convertible. I took off and down the road he tried to force me in the ditch on the highway. I had a pocket camera and took pictures of his truck then pulled up along side to get his TX DOT # and took a picture. Actually, I had the camera in video. When I turned off the highway, four police surrounded the car. The trucker reported I pointed a gun at him. As I explained to the Lt., it is all on video. He took one look and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges. Wasn't worth it, but after that I installed Blackvue cameras in every vehicle. I don't know about other cities and states, but road rage is rampant. What has happened to civility? I will send it in to blackvue.