Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Middle row on 7 seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have a recent build, is the middle row all manual seat adjustments? Does it recline at all and what’s it like to put it forward for 3rd row access?

Also, is there an arm rest in the second row? It looks like having two passengers without an arm rest in between would be uncomfortable when the car is turning, etc.

Seems like second row passengers who are prone to car sickness and have nothing to hold on to on one side could have problems in a car this fast. Any experiences from other owners? Do the seats recline?
The second row seats recline to a comfortable position for the passengers .The 2-1 split means 2 can be a different setting to the 1. If you download the user manual, it gives more detail.

I’m not aware of any second row seat changes in the 7-seater since the monoposts were eliminated in 2017. I would be very interested if there are changes I’m not aware of.

To get to the third row, there is an electronic easy access release on the back of the seat. All other seat manipulations, including recline, are manual.

Lack of armrest has been an annoyance for us. We solved it with some oversized pillows in the middle.

If you have a passenger who is prone to motion sickness, for crying out loud, don’t launch the car. A fast car doesn’t have to be driven crazily. Having grown up with motion sickness problems myself, the most important aspect is the ability to see out a window in a way to focus far in the distance - which BTW, the middle spot in the second row is ideal for that. In the side spots, visibility could be impeded for rear passengers by the tall front seats.

Last edited:
My gripe with the second row of the old 7-seat configuration is the middle (unadjustable) headrest. Tesla obviously realized this was a driver rear visibility issue and modified the middle seat on the newer ones but I have to keep the rear camera on most of the time to clearly see what’s behind me. Bad design and no way to fix (without pay someone serious bucks to mod it).