TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Middle seat cargo mode

Discussion in 'Model X' started by rdalcanto, Mar 20, 2016.

1. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

There needs to be a cargo mode that moves only the middle seat in the second row all the way forward and tilts. This allows passengers to still sit in the outer seats, and more room (almost like a 6 seat version) in the middle for longer objects, like skis. Of course, this is in addition to a regular cargo mode that moves all 3 seats of the second row completely forward/tilted.

• Like x 1
  2. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

Yes, I completely agree. This is so important that I bet many would go for the 7 seat version who switched to the 6 seater after test driving.

3. elguapo

elguapo Member

I don't disagree, but TM does clearly say 6 seat is how to get the most storage capacity.

Seems like they just need to let us move the seats however we want to, especially if no one is in them. However, it seems they can only lock in certain positions. For now.

4. pvogel

pvogel Member

The middle seat can't go as far forward as it would run into the center console (and block the all-important cup holders!) it would cost you ALOT of storage space.

I just hauled a box longer than 8' long to the storage place. Possible *only* because I didn't have the middle seat. Because of the height of the box I needed to slide the passenger front seat all the way forward and tilt the seat back far forward as well to allow the back hatch to close.

I was impressed it fit!