Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Gray P100 Inventory Deal - Lease $1149 monthly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A buddy just passed up on this great deal as he swapped cars, know anyone interested? Send me a PM

Model X P100 DL
Midnight Silver
20" Silver Rims
Black 6 Seats
Carbon Fiber Interior
Red Calipers
EAP
72 Amp Charger
Premium
SubZero
Original price $164k, showroom discount - $39,1550, final price is $125,100
Lease is $2,500 reservation, $3k at signing and only $1,149 (10k miles) for Cali buyer =)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-10.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-10.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 110
A buddy just passed up on this great deal as he swapped cars, know anyone interested? Send me a PM

Model X P100 DL
Midnight Silver
20" Silver Rims
Black 6 Seats
Carbon Fiber Interior
Red Calipers
EAP
72 Amp Charger
Premium
SubZero
Original price $164k, showroom discount - $39,1550, final price is $125,100
Lease is $2,500 reservation, $3k at signing and only $1,149 (10k miles) for Cali buyer =)

Argh. Only for California buyers. I'd be all over that even with the low mileage allowance. :(

I've seen a few of these that are "for cali buyers only" and even one or two "for illinois buyers only." Can anyway explain why they are limited to buyers resident in certain states? Assuming you're willing to pick the car up in the designated state, why should it matter where the buyer (or lessee) resides?

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalLawyer
I’ve seen the Hidden Deals page but I’m still puzzled on the state limitations. Can anybody shed any light on that - are certain cars really only available to residents of certain states?

Right now they are only available to customers who can take delivery before the end of the year. So if it has to be shipped multiple states away, they won't sell it and wait for someone who can take delivery in the next two weeks (someone close geographically). This restriction will be removed once Q4 ends. End of quarter it gets enforced.

Also, send me a message. I have some great P100Ds that might work for you. I was posting them to the Facebook Group above, but got kicked out for some reason.

Hope we can find you a Tesla!

I've purchased cars in many states outside of my home state of IL and never paid tax in the seller's state - admittedly, I've never done this out of CA but that would be a surprising outcome.

The way I understand it, if the car is to be driven away the dealer has to register and provide temporary plates. That triggers a taxable event. If it is loaded onto a Semi and doesn't touch the roads, then the dealer can sell the vehicle with only a dealer title. That is how I bought one of my Ducati and it was shipped to my mechanic - so no tax in sales state but I needed to have it inspected when it got to me, triggering a taxable event (use tax versus sales tax.)

So how did it work for you? Did you take dealer delivery in one state and have it shipped privately?

Right now they are only available to customers who can take delivery before the end of the year. So if it has to be shipped multiple states away, they won't sell it and wait for someone who can take delivery in the next two weeks (someone close geographically). This restriction will be removed once Q4 ends. End of quarter it gets enforced.

Also, send me a message. I have some great P100Ds that might work for you. I was posting them to the Facebook Group above, but got kicked out for some reason.

Hope we can find you a Tesla!

I think "placed into service" is the key. I don't know if this would work, I am trying to get an answer: in Texas I believe that with a Bill of Sale and a VIN I can get a temporary registration and plates. What I do not know is if I can show up in CA with those plates and drive away. That would be placing it into service and I think I'd have five business days to get it back to a place in Texas where it could be inspected.

BTW, I did message earlier.

<edit> I do understand that technically we are not working with "dealerships" here but with the manufacturer. </edit>

The way I understand it, if the car is to be driven away the dealer has to register and provide temporary plates. That triggers a taxable event. If it is loaded onto a Semi and doesn't touch the roads, then the dealer can sell the vehicle with only a dealer title. That is how I bought one of my Ducati and it was shipped to my mechanic - so no tax in sales state but I needed to have it inspected when it got to me, triggering a taxable event (use tax versus sales tax.)

So how did it work for you? Did you take dealer delivery in one state and have it shipped privately?

No - I purchased the car in one state, flew in to that state, picked up car and drove it to my State (IL) where I registered/titled and paid taxes on it. Did this several times and the cars were never registered in the states where I purchased them and I didn't pay taxes to those states? Did this in Minnesota, New York, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, and Michigan.

Were these new, never titled, never registered cars? Or, were they used cars? I too have purchased a truck from a private party in Colorado and used its existing license and trgistration to drive it back to Texas.

I a man not trying to be argumentative but if it's the first, I'd like to know the process.

Were these new, never titled, never registered cars? Or, were they used cars? I too have purchased a truck from a private party in Colorado and used its existing license and trgistration to drive it back to Texas.

I a man not trying to be argumentative but if it's the first, I'd like to know the process.

All three -- new from dealer; used (both CPO and non-CPO) from dealer, and from private party. Maybe its an Illinois thing but we have specific tax forms that allow for these situations (RUT-50 and RUT-25). I've never studied the laws of the "selling states" but none of them have required registration or tax for me. Maybe other states do but I haven't seen it. I'd call your state's tax/dept of revenue and ask. Seems crazy that you'd have to register and tax twice in two days with same owner -- my guess is that you'd get credit in your own state for the tax but the re-registration would likely show up on your carfax as a two owner car, which, again, makes little sense.