Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Grey with Tan interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Longarm

Feb 22, 2016
uk
Having a test drive of the model S this week. Does anybody own or have experience of a Midnight grey car with a tan interior. I know it would look great with a black interior but after years of cars with dark interiors I fancy something different. Safe option that I'm leaning towards is Obsidian black with Tan.

I think it would look great especially with one of the wood interior options. I've had black & tans for a long time but decided I wanted the Carbon Fiber interior so me & the wife both agreed on Midnight Silver with Grey Next Gen's. I think the tan looks much better in person than it does on the web site.

Having a test drive of the model S this week. Does anybody own or have experience of a Midnight grey car with a tan interior. I know it would look great with a black interior but after years of cars with dark interiors I fancy something different. Safe option that I'm leaning towards is Obsidian black with Tan.

If you look at my Sig, it is the combination that we settled upon along with the matte Obeche wood trim and the black alcantara headliner.
I will plan on posting some nice pics when the S arrives... (very soon I hope).

We saw at least 3 S's in this configuration over the past months at my local Service Center.... liked the look.

Personally, I wish the tan leather were just a bit darker...

Thanks for the replies. Hoping to see one in the flesh this week. Need to decide also between the 70 and the 70D. I'm led to believe the handling is a lot more secure on the AWD version?

Well, I have driven both the RWD P85+, RWD 60 and the AWD 70D, 90D and P90DL. In Westchester County, NY, there are quite a few windy lanes with tall stone wall that remind me of many UK roads and lanes in the country... Is that the type of driving you will be doing or more freeway?

Also do you get any Snow or Ice where you are?

I think the more windy the roads and the the likelihood of ice and snow would dictate a dual motor S... The dual motor cars really do both pull and push in the bends and are confidence inspiring. On the freeway or highway, in fine weather then the rear engine car is just fine. I think you will need to allow your driving style and roads and weather dictate your decision. The S is a big automobile. I am going to be interested in your assessment after the test drives.

Well, I have driven both the RWD P85+, RWD 60 and the AWD 70D, 90D and P90DL. In Westchester County, NY, there are quite a few windy lanes with tall stone wall that remind me of many UK roads and lanes in the country... Is that the type of driving you will be doing or more freeway?

Also do you get any Snow or Ice where you are?

I think the more windy the roads and the the likelihood of ice and snow would dictate a dual motor S... The dual motor cars really do both pull and push in the bends and are confidence inspiring. On the freeway or highway, in fine weather then the rear engine car is just fine. I think you will need to allow your driving style and roads and weather dictate your decision. The S is a big automobile. I am going to be interested in your assessment after the test drives.
The D versions have better handling in all road conditions, wet, dry, snow, etc. There is a big advantage in having all four wheels working together to move the car. If you only go in a straight line, it may not matter (except under heavy acceleration) but for everything else, the D is better.

I love mine.

Tesla 1 (1).jpg
Tesla 2 (1).jpg
Tesla 3.jpg