Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight siliver color regret anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not even a little bit!

Attachments

• 20190919_174003.jpg
    20190919_174003.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 825
Reactions: Petermcg
I see some MSM Model 3's on the road, but not nearly as much as white (every single day) or black on the roads when driving around LA. I do see a lot more MSM Model Y's on the road, along with white Y's.

Whenever I have seen another MSM 3, it never looks like my car so I'm happy that I can differentiate myself from others - lowered on 20" Perf wheels w/ spacers for a flush & aggressive look, chrome delete (but that doesn't matter now since there's 2021 Model 3's popping up on the road), CF wing, debadged, euro fog lights (recently installed, not pictured below), along with some other things.

It is normally White and MsM that I see everywhere. That is all I see in my neighborhood. I’m surprised I don’t see many black ones. Those are quite nice. It probably would’ve been my second option after red. But black is a pain to maintain.

I loved my Gun Metal Gray Chevy volt color and seeing so many white, black, and blue Tesla's at work and around my area where Red was rare and MSM's seemed to be rarer, I figured I'd stand out a bit going with my main choice of MSM. A few weeks after delivery, I'm driving around my area and now all I see are MSM Tesla's - some new, some old. o_O I plan to paint out the badges with a different color- not sure what yet, and maybe get the break calipers painted just to differentiate my car from other MSM's. But definitely no regrets on the color!

MSM is one of those colors have look purplish gray under some lighting, Definitely one of my favorite colors. I chose MSM with a white interior because I wanted to look like an elephant with white tusks (seriously)!

Could be said that most of the Tesla colors are somewhat bland and limited, not so different than the genuine iPhone Apple leather cases. So all colors end up being somewhat common, since you have all of 5 colors to choose from.

As to whether or not I like a color because it's uncommon, I must say that what others think doesn't even factor into my selection. I'm too busy living my own life to care about whether strangers approve of my color selection.

Reactions: CO_MY