Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight silver chrome delete advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have a 2017 Model S Midnight Silver with the midnight silver metallic 21’s.....talking to a place about chrome delete thinking I would do black and he suggested to do something different and use the metallic silver color as the chrome delete to match the wheels. Everywhere I look it’s always a black, has anyone done it how they are suggesting? I appreciate the help!

Vinyl rolls are cheap, very easy to cut/apply and remove. You could order a few samples in black/satin/matte/metalic etc to see how your car looks when you cover some of your chrome pieces...
I did just that before doing a full chrome delete and that helped me find the best looking combination for my Tesla.
Good luck!

Hello, I have a 2017 Model S Midnight Silver with the midnight silver metallic 21’s.....talking to a place about chrome delete thinking I would do black and he suggested to do something different and use the metallic silver color as the chrome delete to match the wheels. Everywhere I look it’s always a black, has anyone done it how they are suggesting? I appreciate the help!
I did something similar on my 2018 Midnight Silver Metallic Model S. I used a matte charcoal metallic film on my chrome pieces, specifically because I wanted something different than what you see out there, but also because it really looks cool! Highly recommended - and definitely don't use gloss, whatever color you decide to go with.

Midnight Silver with Stealth PPF and Satin Black Chrome Delete
20190625_154435.jpg

Midnight Silver with Xpel Ultimate (gloss) PPF with Satin Black Chrome Delete
20190107_120730.jpg

Reactions: Simon21