Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver chrome delete.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking good. How does one get started on their own delete job?

Definitely order a kit! All the pieces come precut and they have videos to help guide in process. Set aside half a day tho as it takes a while to do it halfway decent.

I ordered my kit from Amazon, it’s from “Tesbros” and it comes with two full kits in case you damage any during install. Can’t speak too highly of it, I mean it is OK but it isn’t perfect. The wraps for the lower chrome on the bumper (near fog lights) don’t cover the bottom, you can’t see that unless you look from below which you don’t typically do but still feels a little half-ass to me when it would have been easy enough to make those pieces cover all the way... otherwise it’s good.

Definitely order a kit! All the pieces come precut and they have videos to help guide in process. Set aside half a day tho as it takes a while to do it halfway decent.

I ordered my kit from Amazon, it’s from “Tesbros” and it comes with two full kits in case you damage any during install. Can’t speak too highly of it, I mean it is OK but it isn’t perfect. The wraps for the lower chrome on the bumper (near fog lights) don’t cover the bottom, you can’t see that unless you look from below which you don’t typically do but still feels a little half-ass to me when it would have been easy enough to make those pieces cover all the way... otherwise it’s good.
Thanks I’ll look into it!

Which Kit did you use Ever34? I ordered the Nicola Pros Satin Black instead of the TesBros because people said it was a little easier to work with and I'm really hoping that's what you have because that looks amazing and I can't wait to make it's twin haha.

Also - I planned to install this myself but after reading how much of a pain it was for everyone else, it might be worth finding a shop to do it (though 1200 seems SUPER steep).

Which Kit did you use Ever34? I ordered the Nicola Pros Satin Black instead of the TesBros because people said it was a little easier to work with and I'm really hoping that's what you have because that looks amazing and I can't wait to make it's twin haha.

Also - I planned to install this myself but after reading how much of a pain it was for everyone else, it might be worth finding a shop to do it (though 1200 seems SUPER steep).

Not sure what brand the shop used but it’s definitely satin black so I assume it will look pretty much the same :). As for install cost I ended up paying 600 with the vinyl.

I don’t have the patience to even attempt doing it myself so getting it done by a pro was a no brainer for me :).

Did mine over the weekend. Used Nikolapro

Attachments

• 032F27E2-B935-4804-8CBE-527AA3311E4A.jpeg
    032F27E2-B935-4804-8CBE-527AA3311E4A.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 2FAFFC84-8518-4A1B-A32F-FC31278A0537.jpeg
    2FAFFC84-8518-4A1B-A32F-FC31278A0537.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 110
  • A822148E-8EF4-433B-9E73-CB142CAA858B.jpeg
    A822148E-8EF4-433B-9E73-CB142CAA858B.jpeg
    785.3 KB · Views: 108
View attachment 537656 View attachment 537657

I also chrome deleted using TesBros. I left the Tesla badging chrome since it's a nice contrast. Takes patience but well worth it. The wheels are the 20” Sonic Carbon. Better for range.

If you zoom in on the camera, you can see the chrome Tesla “T” logo...
Looks sharp fellow Texas Model X owner! Here are two recent pics of mine...
IMG_4975.jpeg
IMG_4973.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: VikH and Luisito