TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Midnight Silver Metallic changes a lot of colors

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Indpowr, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

We ended landing on a MSM color. After looking at all the Google images it amazes me how much this car changes colors.

2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#2 FlatSix911, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Like x 2
  3. bradjc

bradjc Member

Good choice, it's what I have and no regrets 6 months later. Seems to be a very popular colour though, last week at a Supercharger I was one of 3 identical Tesla's charging, only the wheels and badges set us apart! You're right though, the colour does change in different light which I love. In bright sun it's a shimmering gun metal with light flecks, at night its close to black.

• Like x 1
  4. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Wife wanted black but the deal on the P90D was better than the blacks we saw. Also, there are just so many blacks out there so, it's nice to have something a little different. I saw one picture the car even looks blue.

5. bradjc

bradjc Member

I really liked the steely bluish hue from the design studio, but I have to squint to see that colour in real life, more grey to my eyes, but it's still there. IMO nicer than the original dolphin grey so happy they tweaked it a while back.

6. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

It's a really nice color OP - very classic. A bit harder to keep clean looking than a light silver but not as much work as black.

7. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I must say, as I've said before - the Model S is one of the all time greatest looking cars ever. I don't think Tesla can top themselves with whatever the second gen will be. The X is a fantastic automobile but its looks pale next to the S - and the 3, while a great service to humankind - just does not have the elegant lines and proportions of the S. Even the S interior is so clean and classic it's hard/impossible to improve on it - except to remove the cheesy fake metal plastic bezels.

Some interiors just reach a kind of visual perfection - like the E39 BMW 5 series and E43 3 series interiors - that there is nowhere to go but down.

• Like x 3
  8. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I guess we will never know how much of Tesla's success bringing EV's the world is due in fact to the timeless beauty of the S's body driving sales - but I think it has something to do with it. The Lucid Air is a great car - but its looks will never stoke raw desire the way a low down S on some beautiful rims can.

Personally I rank the S up there with the 355 Ferrari for beautiful lines. After all these years, getting down on your knees and looking down the lines of a 355 can still make your heart stop. And I think the S will have that effect from certain angles for many years to come.

• Like x 1
  9. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Black is black. Bland is bland lol

10. Raddoc

Raddoc Member

I have a black car, white SUV, and thinking about getting a MSM 100D. I like the fact that white is easy to clean and hides scratches/swirl marks. But nothing beats the beauty of a clean black ride. The MSM with grey turbine wheels is a thing of beauty, IMO.

• Like x 2
  11. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

As for a color that presents like a chameleon, continuously changing its appearance by light, angle and surrounding, there is only one: the famous Tesla Green!

(Yes, I am biased; and yes I am trying to pump up the value for all of us who are Model S Green owners ;))

• Like x 2
  12. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

That is our combo. p90D w/21 gray turbine wheels

13. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

In time we will do refresh and painted inside of the headlights. Rims and lowered are all the planned mods. Like this one. IMG_2249.JPG

14. Raddoc

Raddoc Member

Beautiful car. Anyone have the MSM with white interior?

15. bktiger86

bktiger86 Member

Yeah the color on this car changes so much depending on the lighting. I have the same color. In the garage it kinda looks like a dolphin skin color. During bright blue sky, the car has a really nice reflective look that almost imitates the sky color (almost a dark blue). And during night time, it literally looks like a black car. Pretty awesome :)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Here is MSM on white for for Model X d1dba5f8df_1024.jpg

17. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

After having MC Red, Pearl White, and Deep Blue Metallic. We have no Idea what color my wife's 100D will be. Would've chosen Titanium but Tesla removed that color.....:(
    Still waiting to order to see if Tesla brings new colors,interior, seat ventilation (please bring it back) etc....

• Like x 1
  18. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

I love vented seats. wish I could get them

19. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Sunshine after a rain storm at the Seaside SC :cool:

IMG_5737.JPG

• Love x 1
  20. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Here you go.