Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver Metallic changes a lot of colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arachnid Design Studio - Teslanerd.com :cool:

upload_2017-2-18_22-11-41.png

Last edited:
We ended landing on a MSM color. After looking at all the Google images it amazes me how much this car changes colors.

Good choice, it's what I have and no regrets 6 months later. Seems to be a very popular colour though, last week at a Supercharger I was one of 3 identical Tesla's charging, only the wheels and badges set us apart! You're right though, the colour does change in different light which I love. In bright sun it's a shimmering gun metal with light flecks, at night its close to black.

Reactions: Indpowr
Wife wanted black but the deal on the P90D was better than the blacks we saw. Also, there are just so many blacks out there so, it's nice to have something a little different. I saw one picture the car even looks blue.

Wife wanted black but the deal on the P90D was better than the blacks we saw. Also, there are just so many blacks out there so, it's nice to have something a little different. I saw one picture the car even looks blue.

I really liked the steely bluish hue from the design studio, but I have to squint to see that colour in real life, more grey to my eyes, but it's still there. IMO nicer than the original dolphin grey so happy they tweaked it a while back.

I must say, as I've said before - the Model S is one of the all time greatest looking cars ever. I don't think Tesla can top themselves with whatever the second gen will be. The X is a fantastic automobile but its looks pale next to the S - and the 3, while a great service to humankind - just does not have the elegant lines and proportions of the S. Even the S interior is so clean and classic it's hard/impossible to improve on it - except to remove the cheesy fake metal plastic bezels.

Some interiors just reach a kind of visual perfection - like the E39 BMW 5 series and E43 3 series interiors - that there is nowhere to go but down.

I guess we will never know how much of Tesla's success bringing EV's the world is due in fact to the timeless beauty of the S's body driving sales - but I think it has something to do with it. The Lucid Air is a great car - but its looks will never stoke raw desire the way a low down S on some beautiful rims can.

Personally I rank the S up there with the 355 Ferrari for beautiful lines. After all these years, getting down on your knees and looking down the lines of a 355 can still make your heart stop. And I think the S will have that effect from certain angles for many years to come.

Reactions: bradjc
We ended landing on a MSM color. After looking at all the Google images it amazes me how much this car changes colors.

Yeah the color on this car changes so much depending on the lighting. I have the same color. In the garage it kinda looks like a dolphin skin color. During bright blue sky, the car has a really nice reflective look that almost imitates the sky color (almost a dark blue). And during night time, it literally looks like a black car. Pretty awesome :)

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc and Indpowr
After having MC Red, Pearl White, and Deep Blue Metallic. We have no Idea what color my wife's 100D will be. Would've chosen Titanium but Tesla removed that color.....:(
Still waiting to order to see if Tesla brings new colors,interior, seat ventilation (please bring it back) etc....

Reactions: Indpowr