TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Midnight silver metallic on the model x??

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Nototrader, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

For some reason I'm having last minute doubts on my color choice even though I already have a vin and it's probably too late. Does anybody have any good pictures of a model x in midnight silver? Anybody see it in person? Thoughts? Thx.

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Check the Random Spottings thread. There are some pictures of a couple Founders in there from a couple weeks ago.

It looks really great!

Cheers!

3. PGeer

PGeer Member

It was my choice too. A friend has an S with it and I love it. We just sold our 2012 VW Golf TDI in gray, and I parked next to an S at the showroom in Seattle. The S (X as well I assume) was only slightly darker and in sun, just popped. When the light gets lower, it seems to get darker, almost to black. A very interesting and "sophisticated" color IMO.

4. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Thanks for the reassurance!

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Just did a quick search.

Post #'s 371 and 393 in the Random Spottings thread.

6. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

7. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

I appreciate it. I think it looks good. Still not the same as seeing it in person. Guess it is the closest thing.

8. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Told everyone for 2 years I was getting multi coat pearl white. On the night I configured, I chose midnight silver metallic. No explanation No regret. To add to what others have said, it's classy, elegant, and actually seems to change w the light. Black at night, grey in the morning, bluish in the afternoon.

9. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

I just made the exact same last minute decision!

10. hdnyc

hdnyc Member

does it show dirt really easily? I just ordered the Midnight Silver as well, but still thinking about changing it to a lighter color because I don't want it to look dirty all the time.

11. Vizir

Vizir Member

I'm also in the same boat. The midnight silver looks amazing, but then, so does solid white. Can't make up my mind.

12. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

#12 aesculus, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    I don't have a Tesla in Midnight Silver but almost exactly the same color in another manufacture. It does show dirt moderately. Not anything like black but not as good as the lighter silver or white. So you really don't have to dust if off all the time like you do with black. And since its a metallic you will get away with the dust a lot more than you would with a solid color.

13. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

That's why I went with Titanium after my original (dark) blue S.

14. DDG!

DDG! Member

15. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Here's a dark-colored Model X that will be the very best at not showing dirt. Wouldn't be my choice, though.....

Tesla-Model-X-vet-salute_large.jpg

Attached Files:

16. hdnyc

hdnyc Member

Thanks!

17. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

18. Vizir

Vizir Member

after much debate, and adding the multicoat red to the midnight silver and solid white (which we were deciding between), we are going with solid white. its a more futuristic color :) and looks especially nice on the X

• Like x 1
  19. JamesG

JamesG Member

Silver is ordinary. Was on Titanium until I saw it in person and didn't like the gold tones. Saw a midnight silver and confirmed with it

20. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

Colour preferences change with the times. I remember in the 80s brown was the colour to have. The early 90s saw green and teal as favourites. Early 2000's silver was all the rage. Now it's white.

BMW credited Apple with the the upsurge in white as the preferred choice for their luxury cars. Tesla has a conservative range of colours if you ask me but oddly I miss the original brown they had and discontinued, I liked it.

Black I would *never* buy, gah, impossible to keep clean. The only place a black car looks good is in the showroom when it's new :)