Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver - Show Your Stuff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

You inspired me to update my original snap shot:)

C219BB15-5FCE-4201-92A8-6BDA0672A59D.jpeg

Do you have performance suspension?

Also I see you have M3 Performance wheels on? How's your range with that? Also Towing capacity?

Yup, M3 Sportwheels on Performance Y.

The 21” Überturbines were surprisingly more efficient in highway spped than the 20 Sportwheels, maybe due to the more open face than the Überturbines.

I don’t have tow hitch.

You inspired me to update my original snap shot:)

View attachment 630070

Here’s a snap of the dreaded Prius back end look :eek: :D

C5DFFB0C-9E38-411E-B899-EC46A51EB8DC.jpeg

How do you like the fatcat evo? I just purchased the roof rack and am looking at getting the fatcats but am worried about range hit. What type of impact to range are you seeing with them?

The FatCat Evo gets the job done. It is my first ski rack (for some reason my wife thought it was fine to throw skis in the back of the M3 (which is my car) vs. they have to go on top of the MY (her car)). I have nothing to compare functionality to. They are easy to mount and to use and they have not given me issues. I'd buy the FatCat Evo again.

As far as a range hit, that is really difficult for me to tell given that that cold weather is its own range hit. I'm sure that the hit is something but my drive to the ski hill is around 150 miles one way and I have several Superchargers between here and there as well as the opportunity to charge at my destination. Thus I have not worried about any range hit at all. I haven't even needed the Superchargers due to overnight charging at 120v. It's likely the range hit exists but I don't care or worry about it.

The FatCat Evo gets the job done. It is my first ski rack (for some reason my wife thought it was fine to throw skis in the back of the M3 (which is my car) vs. they have to go on top of the MY (her car)). I have nothing to compare functionality to. They are easy to mount and to use and they have not given me issues. I'd buy the FatCat Evo again.

As far as a range hit, that is really difficult for me to tell given that that cold weather is its own range hit. I'm sure that the hit is something but my drive to the ski hill is around 150 miles one way and I have several Superchargers between here and there as well as the opportunity to charge at my destination. Thus I have not worried about any range hit at all. I haven't even needed the Superchargers due to overnight charging at 120v. It's likely the range hit exists but I don't care or worry about it.
I have a pretty specific use case, otherwise I wouldn't care about the range impact either. My RT takes me from 90% to ~14% (Seattle to Stevens Pass) which is great because I can avoid having to charge. Sometimes I hit traffic and the trip can be pretty brutal so I'd like to avoid stopping and making the trip any longer. I've read reports of a ~17% range impact with the fatcat evo which would make it necessary for me to charge unless I bumped my departure charge to 100%.

Glad to hear it's working well though!